British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric i

Provisional fixture list

24 minutes ago, slyfox said:

Cannot fine it on that link???

It's the fourth item on the list - International Speedway Calendar

• Like 1

An announcement will be announced in due course to announce when the fixture list will be announced to the public, which will happen in due course once the announcement is announced. All will be revealed in due course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

on sgb website :

WE are aware of a draft 2021 fixture list relating to British Speedway which has appeared on the FIM website.

However, we wish to clarify that this is a draft only, with several amendments expected pending Plymouth’s application to join the Championship and the withdrawal of Somerset.

A further update on confirmed fixtures will be issued in due course.

15 minutes ago, Speedway fan said:

on sgb website :

WE are aware of a draft 2021 fixture list relating to British Speedway which has appeared on the FIM website.

However, we wish to clarify that this is a draft only, with several amendments expected pending Plymouth’s application to join the Championship and the withdrawal of Somerset.

A further update on confirmed fixtures will be issued in due course.

There it is!! Their new favourite saying

24 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

There it is!! Their new favourite saying

What do you expect them to say when someone else jumps the gun before the list is finalised. :unsure:

I will assume British Speedway will make a start with out the public if this is anything to go by.

The last football play off match is at Wembley on May 31 & I don't think public attendence will be allowed prior to this date in stadiums

16 minutes ago, Technik said:

I will assume British Speedway will make a start with out the public if this is anything to go by.

The last football play off match is at Wembley on May 31 & I don't think public attendence will be allowed prior to this date in stadiums

all depends on what limit or capacity they allow ? crowds under 5000 maybe allowed for sporting events start low and build up to large crowds such has prem football & music events ??

Most speedway tracks/stadia have a maximum capacity agreed by the H&S Executive.  In most cases I would suggest an attendance anywhere between 25% and 50% of capacity would be sufficient for most meetings - except perhaps Bank Holiday meetings which usually attract bigger than usual crowds.

• Like 1

Hopefully when we are released from lockdown, it maybe into the tier system, which allowed 2000 football fans into stadiums, which is more than enough for most/all league meetings, the fixtures on the site includes Somerset so all these need changed if Plymouth comes in, but will Mr Godfrey allow them to run on Fridays ??

16 minutes ago, Neila said:

Hopefully when we are released from lockdown, it maybe into the tier system, which allowed 2000 football fans into stadiums, which is more than enough for most/all league meetings, the fixtures on the site includes Somerset so all these need changed if Plymouth comes in, but will Mr Godfrey allow them to run on Fridays ??

Somerset never ran on Fridays in recent seasons, nor will Plymouth if they are in the championship 

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

What do you expect them to say when someone else jumps the gun before the list is finalised. :unsure:

It was the BSPL who made a statement initially, that the fixtures would have been published about a week ago. Perhaps they could explain the reason why they are not available, in view of THEIR original statement. Sometimes feels to me that they choose to work against, rather than with the paying public. 

• Like 1