British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric i

Provisional fixture list

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

It was the BSPL who made a statement initially, that the fixtures would have been published about a week ago. Perhaps they could explain the reason why they are not available, in view of THEIR original statement. Sometimes feels to me that they choose to work against, rather than with the paying public. 

Or they haven't resolved the fixtures especially the need for Plymouth to accept the offer to join. Pity people don't think for themselves rather than 'join the gang'. 

• Like 3

It is my firm belief that stadium events will not be allowed public attendence until after the Football season is completed.

Football was permitted to have limited numbers within their stadiums, This was removed when the country was forced into lockdown .

In all honesty I can't see the Goverment allowing the same sport to again make the move.

I also look at the Football arena that for the most part is fully seated & easier to police where the public are allowed, No matter how you transfer the limited numbers to a speedway arena the only thing you can count in a restricted capacity is permanent seating. Any standing areas would need to be fenced into smaller areas for limited family members as has been the case for outdoor concerts & this will prove very expensive.

May 31 is the end of the football season & not until then will our Goverment allow the public into stadiums in my opinion

3 hours ago, Technik said:

It is my firm belief that stadium events will not be allowed public attendence until after the Football season is completed.

Football was permitted to have limited numbers within their stadiums, This was removed when the country was forced into lockdown .

In all honesty I can't see the Goverment allowing the same sport to again make the move.

I also look at the Football arena that for the most part is fully seated & easier to police where the public are allowed, No matter how you transfer the limited numbers to a speedway arena the only thing you can count in a restricted capacity is permanent seating. Any standing areas would need to be fenced into smaller areas for limited family members as has been the case for outdoor concerts & this will prove very expensive.

May 31 is the end of the football season & not until then will our Goverment allow the public into stadiums in my opinion

Agree entirely. Anything before 1 May is unrealistic, and anything during May would involve lots of organising just so league football teams could have spectators for one last match.

Much easier to start from 1 June with new rules after working out ground rules with major Summer sports (cricket, rugby league, Wimbledon, Silverstone). Doubt speedway will even get asked what works for us and we'll just have to accept what has been decided.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Or they haven't resolved the fixtures especially the need for Plymouth to accept the offer to join. Pity people don't think for themselves rather than 'join the gang'. 

Sorry if you see me as one of a gang rather than an interested spectator, who wanted to make plans to be available to get to matches (and was disappointed not to be able to do so). I am genuinely not sure how Premiership fixtures would be impacted by Plymouth's decision. Could a set of fixtures with Plymouth TBC, be issued? 

1 hour ago, RS50 said:

Sorry if you see me as one of a gang rather than an interested spectator, who wanted to make plans to be available to get to matches (and was disappointed not to be able to do so). I am genuinely not sure how Premiership fixtures would be impacted by Plymouth's decision. Could a set of fixtures with Plymouth TBC, be issued? 

The difficulty the Prem teams have had is with the rider changes at every club. When the full 1-7s are confirmed then each club can accept their draft fixture list or suggest any changes due to rider availability and/or fixture clashes ie foreign meetings/internationals/U.21s etc.

Edited by Skidder1

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Why not say that after a week then? It’s treating the fans with utter contempt that after a week a reasonable explanation couldn’t just be given for the delay - it the BSPL who set the week announcement themselves after all, when knowing about the Somerset/Plymouth situation.

It’s the typical “ahhhh say nothing, they would of forgot we said a week” approach within the BSPL that pi$$es everybody off and rubs them up the wrong way. Such a simple simple mistake that could do easily be avoided and dealt with beforehand - instead of having to try and cover their tracks when the FIM ‘jump the gun’.

• Like 2

It’s all a do about nothing. There are obviously things to sort out before the final list is released. So they are late, were you planning your year and holidays around the published list, whilst at the same time plenty on here are arguing between themselves about whether there will be any speedway this year in the UK.

Get real and wait, when they are ready they will be ready, and you will be nearer the time when a decision is made as to if British Speedway can resume on 1st May, 2021. Chill.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 2/1/2021 at 9:31 AM, RS50 said:

Frankly, it's important not to release anything at the moment, and only release news when there is more certainty to the official start of the new season. 

5 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Frankly, it's important not to release anything at the moment, and only release news when there is more certainty to the official start of the new season. 

Short season?,a six team league?,uncertainty of available riders?,uncertainty of when the season will actually start?,how many people will actually be allowed to attend?,social distancing still in place?mask wearing at meetings?.team strengthes drastically reduced? The list is endless.

Edited by Moranboys
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1