British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

2021 - Un-signed available British based riders?

12 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Edinburgh have someone closer in mind I believe!

Mason Watson would be local at least.

11 hours ago, mac101 said:

Greg Blair in with a shout  closed 2* riders i think 

11 hours ago, mac101 said:

Greg Blair in with a shout  closed 2* riders i think 

Should Blair be in the “rising star” category .

11 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Should Blair be in the “rising star” category .

I think he should. He's never had a proper crack at Championship level and has been away for 10 years. Certainly a better choice than some there that have been around years and not progressed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I think he should. He's never had a proper crack at Championship level and has been away for 10 years. Certainly a better choice than some there that have been around years and not progressed

And he has done quite well at Scunny Amateur meetings last year, which has probably wet his appetite.  

On 2/3/2021 at 8:59 PM, Neila said:

Isn't that how you make more money on traveling expenses ??

only if you can negotiate and not take the set rate

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

That’s the problem when you create titles like “rising star “I can be interpreted in so many ways.Wish Greg the best of luck whatever.

2 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

I'm baffled as to why Conor Mountain hasn't been signed up in the CL ?

Likewise. For Connor i hope he has 2-3 clubs involved in a bidding war for his services and is working out just how many new bikes he needs :D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Definitely a strange one?

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

Ah yes! A "rising star" who was perfectly placed to take the next step onwards in his career until............the "rising Star" program was introduced resulting in him being forced out of his team place by an ill conceived idea. Which means a bright British prospect is out of a job with little chance of a place in any league as he has too high a rising star rating for the championship. Too high an average for the NDL (i. e. Conference league) thanks to the absolutely ludicrous 35 point limit the powers that be have introduced there. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, leander said:

Ah yes! A "rising star" who was perfectly placed to take the next step onwards in his career until............the "rising Star" program was introduced resulting in him being forced out of his team place by an ill conceived idea.

Not really sure how he was forced out of his team place because of that, maybe there's more to it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not really sure how he was forced out of his team place because of that, maybe there's more to it?

Somebody had to go, otherwise we would have been comfortably under the NDL 35 point limit!!!!!! (in the championship). Don't see why 4* rising stars can't ride in the championship as part of the program. just knock another point off the rest of the team building. Be interesting to see how many are lost when they lose confidence after finding they are out of their depth, like the last time they tried something like this.

• Like 3