British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

2021 - Un-signed available British based riders?

33 minutes ago, leander said:

Somebody had to go, otherwise we would have been comfortably under the NDL 35 point limit!!!!!! (in the championship). Don't see why 4* rising stars can't ride in the championship as part of the program. just knock another point off the rest of the team building. Be interesting to see how many are lost when they lose confidence after finding they are out of their depth, like the last time they tried something like this.

Yeah, but we were having to replace 2 riders anyway, Skorja and Smetana,,, so maybe the timing of things didn't work out?

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, but we were having to replace 2 riders anyway, Skorja and Smetana,,, so maybe the timing of things didn't work out?

Agreed.  Not just the points points limit or rising star programme to blame.  Mountain would still have fitted within the points limit even with Barker in the team.  Perhaps the loan fee was prohibitive? Shame as he could have progressed.  

The Diamonds team would be competitive with him as the Rising Star.  Actually surprised he didn't get the rising star spot at Kings Lynn? Surely he'll get a place at Birmingham, Redcar or Scunthorpe??

3 minutes ago, enotian said:

Agreed.  Not just the points points limit or rising star programme to blame.  Mountain would still have fitted within the points limit even with Barker in the team.  Perhaps the loan fee was prohibitive? Shame as he could have progressed.  

The Diamonds team would be competitive with him as the Rising Star.  Actually surprised he didn't get the rising star spot at Kings Lynn? Surely he'll get a place at Birmingham, Redcar or Scunthorpe??

It was soley down the the Rising Star programme that Conner got cut... it had been stated that he was to be graded as a 3 star then there was a change of tack and the rest as they say is history...

Regards 

THJ

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

It was soley down the the Rising Star programme that Conner got cut... it had been stated that he was to be graded as a 3 star then there was a change of tack and the rest as they say is history...

Regards 

THJ

There was still a choice though wasn't there.  Mountain could have been retained ahead of Roynon or Wright.

If, as you suggest, a decision was made assuming Mountain would be the 3* #7 then someone messed up. When that became clear the choice between Mountain, Roynon and Wright could still have been made at that point.

Although this doesn't stack up for me given they've then gone for a 1* NDL 2nd string at #7. Admittedly the other 3*'s are nowhere near Mountain standard but if that was the plan and budget then I'd have expected another option at #7.  Kinsley for example.    

6 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Ahh,,, its starting to make sense now, even if it doesn't make sense. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Regards 

THJ

Surely, he was cut before the Rising Star system was introduced. He was cut because Barker was free due to Somerset not riding.

On 3/15/2021 at 7:39 PM, ruffdiamond said:

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

Surely, he was cut before the Rising Star system was introduced. He was cut because Barker was free due to Somerset not riding.

Nope... as Ruff pointed out earlier in this thread we had two places to fill and Conner was in and part of the team until the Rising Star programme was released...

The only reason Conner got cut was down to this ill conceived idea and for no other reason whatsoever... the club didnt want to swap him out for sure...

However his loss was a lucky break for Joe Alcock... let's hope Joe can grab it with both hands and he realises his potential... hopefully Dave Tatum has seen something in this kid at Stoke that others have missed... I would be pleased if he can achieve and score his average of 2 each week and if he could increase that by say 50% and end up with an average of 3 would be a fantastic achievement...

Maybe wishful thinking again but I hope he can rise to the challenge and more than anything else stay fit and injury free...

Regards 

THJ

was Connor not on the rising star list because his average is too high or did he refuse the conditions and get blackballed?

3 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Connor is on the Rising Star programme as a 4 star rider because of his average and Championship Clubs can only have a 3 star rising star or less 

Regards 

THJ 

thanks for that :t:

As Mentioned before I'd like someone to try & tempt JPB & Zach "W" back to the sport.

As It stands at present I think either would be able to produce at CL level this season

2 hours ago, Technik said:

As Mentioned before I'd like someone to try & tempt JPB & Zach "W" back to the sport.

As It stands at present I think either would be able to produce at CL level this season

Keep an eye on the news & the temptation of 1 of them is on the cards to return

Sure I ve seen JP (he has dropped the B )mention recently he was looking for a spot 

Edited by teaboy279

5 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

Sure I ve seen JP (he has dropped the B )mention recently he was looking for a spot 

I saw something on Speedway Star Facebook page about this. 

Hopefully those people advocating a return to racing of Bradford, Somerset, Oxford, Swindon (& even Coventry) will have read this thread, and seen the difficulty that they would face in finding another 28, or even 35 riders needed for the "returning" teams to compete.