British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GiveusaB

2021 - Un-signed available British based riders?

12 hours ago, uk_martin said:

Hopefully those people advocating a return to racing of Bradford, Somerset, Oxford, Swindon (& even Coventry) will have read this thread, and seen the difficulty that they would face in finding another 28, or even 35 riders needed for the "returning" teams to compete.

Yes....if the riders were British?

I think the likelihood is that the League/s will shrink, rather than grow....

I think you're right though....if any of the afore mentioned teams make a comeback (other than Swindon/Somerset) other teams will most likely fold to make way?

You've missed Cradley off your list (not intentional I'm sure....LOL)

12 hours ago, GiveusaB said:

You've missed Cradley off your list (not intentional I'm sure....LOL)

Not really. Where would Cradley go? All the others have some sort of stadium in some state of repair / disrepair, but still in existence, that form the basis of their hopes for the future. Cradley have had 10 years of trying, begging and pleading not only to their own local authority but neighbouring ones as well, and nobody wants to allow them to have a home. Sad but true. So, no, I'm not counting them in, quite deliberately. The same as I'm not counting all the other ghost teams that used to exist pretending to belong to Exeter, Milton Keynes etc etc.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2021 at 8:43 PM, uk_martin said:

Not really. Where would Cradley go? All the others have some sort of stadium in some state of repair / disrepair, but still in existence, that form the basis of their hopes for the future. Cradley have had 10 years of trying, begging and pleading not only to their own local authority but neighbouring ones as well, and nobody wants to allow them to have a home. Sad but true. So, no, I'm not counting them in, quite deliberately. The same as I'm not counting all the other ghost teams that used to exist pretending to belong to Exeter, Milton Keynes etc etc.

I was only joking about 'Cradley'....just friendly, rivalry banter ..... I totally agree with your analysis.