British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve19620

Season 1981 queries

Hi There.

Can anybody help with the following queries (for the month of June) ? - Marked programmes for these meetings are probably required.

1. Reading Best Pairs (1 June) - Speedway Star and the Speedway Mail both quote that Kevin Smith and Ashley Pullen scored 9 & 5 points. Yet the yearbook states Smith scored 8 and Pullen 6.  If it is the latter points scored , please confirm the heat placings for Smith and Pullen.

2. Wolverhampton v Exeter (7 June) - Can anybody confirm the Exeter riders in heat 13 ? Speedway Star advises Keith Wright and Rob Maxfield (exc - for what ?), was John Williams excluded rather than Maxfield ?

3. Scunthorpe v Newcastle (21 June) - Clarification of Julian Parr's rides - Yearbook states he rode in 3 heats whilst Graham Beardsley rode 4 times, heat results in the Speedway Star suggest that Beardsley replaced Parr in heat 5 or 7, can anybody confirm ?

4. Rye House v Edinburgh (28 June) - Can anybody confirm which heats Kevin Bowen and Barry King rode in ? The number of rides which Bowen and King rode in don't tally with the heat results published in the Speedway Star.

Thanks for reading.

Steve

Re the Reading Pairs, I have not one, but two (independently) filled in programmes.

Both go for 9 and 5

• Like 1

Hi, my programme states Parr 3 rides  2+1. Beardsley 4 rides 1+1

Parr rode in heat   2    4    5 (replacing Allott xtapes) he FELL

Beardsley rode in heats   2    7 (replacing Parr as r/s) he F/Rem    8    11 when he scored his only point.

Although I'm unable to assist I think it's great that yourself and others are constantly updating the history of our sport.

On 2/4/2021 at 3:01 PM, oggyNZ said:

Hi, my programme states Parr 3 rides  2+1. Beardsley 4 rides 1+1

Parr rode in heat   2    4    5 (replacing Allott xtapes) he FELL

Beardsley rode in heats   2    7 (replacing Parr as r/s) he F/Rem    8    11 when he scored his only point.

Thank you for your help.