British Speedway Forum
steve roberts

Book "Tales From The Top Drawer" by Kelvin Tatum

Has anyone tried to order the Kelvin Tatum book? Is it any good? Apparently you can order via Curtis Sport but their Web-Site appears to be devoid of any mention (or anything else speedway related in my recent experience?)

17 minutes ago, steve roberts said:

Has anyone tried to order the Kelvin Tatum book? Is it any good? Apparently you can order via Curtis Sport but their Web-Site appears to be devoid of any mention (or anything else speedway related in my recent experience?)

https://www.curtis-sport.com/online-store/Tales-From-The-Top-Drawer-p244855128

Just now, steve roberts said:

Many thanks! The link wouldn't initially open on my computer but I've now got there!

Ordered mine earlier today, so i knew where to look...:)

• Like 1

Ordered it straight away but no autograph off KT in there :(  good read tho , I enjoyed it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bruno said:

Ordered it straight away but no autograph off KT in there :(  good read tho , I enjoyed it

I think only the first 200/300 had Tatum's autograph i read somewhere, got my dad a copy for Christmas and he said it was a very good read 

• Like 1

I've ordered my copy! :t:

Blimey! Just received mine today after ordering it only yesterday! :t:

• Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 2:26 PM, steve roberts said:

Blimey! Just received mine today after ordering it only yesterday! :t:

Me too, those guys are on the ball...

• Like 1

Ordered it yesterday afternoon, it came today before 2pm.. :t: 

Always liked Kelvin, even when he seemed to be less than a favourite of many of the English fans..

(Although to be fair to be him, many of the fans at that time seemed to think they were all Americans).. :rolleyes:

And for me, does a great job on the commentary with Nigel P...

Not everyone's cup of tea, but who cares, they sell the sport fantastically well... 

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I'm working thru' the book and there appears to be more emphasis on his Longtrack exploits which is understandable, I guess, considering his success at that particular discipline of racing but personnally I have little interest in Longtrack racing and would have preferred to have read more about his times at Wimbledon and Coventry, in particular, which was quickly brushed over.

• Like 1

A good read, well worth a buy

A bit late on this but I couldn't believe how quickly the book arrived

It's well worth a read..I found the longtrack part the best bit as it went into quite a bit of detail on something you don't hear too much about in England. 

I would recommend it