British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

RIP Olle Nygren

So sad to hear of the passing of Olle Nygren earlier today.

RIP Varg Olle.

One of Swedish speedway's pioneers.

RIP

I had the privilege of attending Olle's school three times in the late 80's. He wasn't that good a teacher as he never made me into a speedway rider.
Well, thinking about that, it may have been my complete lack of ability rather than his poor teaching lol.

But the best thing of all we that he liked a drink. Myself and one or two others sat up well into the night talking speedway, with Olle holding court which some great stories.

A true character, gentleman and servant to speedway.

RIP Olle
  • Like 2

definitely a character RIP

I do not see that those now in control have seen fit to mention this on their site

• Like 1

Very sorry to hear about this. I watched him many times in the 60’s and he was always a crowd pleaser.

Didn't see Olle Nygren ride or meet him, but speaking to people who did meet him and attended his training schools he certainly was an interesting character in addition to being talented all-round motorcyclist.   Speedway has lost another true legend, RIP....