British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
steve19620

July 1981 queries

Hi there

Can anybody help out with the following queries as part of my research into the 1981 season?

They are:

9/7 Wimbledon v Kings Lynn (BL) - Did Anders Eriksson replace Mick Hines in heat 8 or 11 ? Speedway Star heat details differ to rides quoted in the Yearbook.

12/7 Boston v Workington (NL) - Clarification of the heat placings in heats 3 and 10 for David Blackburn and Guy Wilson (Workington), heat details published in the Speedway Star are incorrect. Need programme from meeting to confirm.

23/7 Swindon Man VW pairs - A  bit of a mess this one ! !! 6 riders in every heat, Speedway Star only printed the first 4 riders in each heat. I have managed to work out the fifth and six riders. However, I don't know which heats the reserves Martin Satchell and Kevin Smart rode in and the riders they replaced. I also need confirmation of Phil Crump and Martin Yeates's finishing positions in heat 1 and Danny Kennedy and Denny Pyeatt's placings in heat 12 of the qualifying races.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by steve19620

12 July 1981 Boston v Workington (NL)

From my marked programme. I was at this match.

Ht 03: Mallett, Hollingworth, Blackburn, Wilson (fell), 62.6

Ht 10: Regeling, Gagen, Wilson, Blackburn, 63.0

Thanks for your help.

Wimbledon query is now solved - any takers for the Swindon  query ?