British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

Well now that the 2021 line up has been announced and the fixture list published its time to look ahead to the new season.

I guess the big question remains.  "will crowds be allowed back by May 1st to enable it all to happen" .

Boris's announcement on the 22nd should give a strong indication as to what to expect. 

It will go ahead with reduced capacity at stadiums  ie 33% or 50 % of the stadium’s safety limit  . So in nearly all cases teams should be allowed to race due to low attendance at speedway .The problem will be the two Scottish sides might have to adhere to different rules under there leader Nicola Sturgeon ??

5 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

It will go ahead with reduced capacity at stadiums  ie 33% or 50 % of the stadium’s safety limit  . So in nearly all cases teams should be allowed to race due to low attendance at speedway .The problem will be the two Scottish sides might have to adhere to different rules under there leader Nicola Sturgeon ??

Leader is not how I would describe Herr Furher. Children may log on from time to time so I will refrain on what I would like to call her.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

They should contact Boris to see what he is going to do, and they can then plan with 100% certainty what WJK will do. .

ie. Exactly the opposite to him to show what a 'great leader' she is...:D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 5

So, what do we think if the team now that it has been released?

No surprises, safe, solid selection.

13 minutes ago, W9 Lion said:

So, what do we think if the team now that it has been released?

No surprises, safe, solid selection.

Looks a strong bet for a top 4 finish. Good heat leader duo, strong engine room and scope for improvement at reserve. Hard to split between Leicester, Glasgow, Eastbourne and Poole id say. Certainly be happy if i was a Lions fan and the good news is nobody has been dropped for being too old!

Edited by Sings4Speedway
missed a bit

If we were to keep the current 1 to 7 (which is never going to happen) I would be disappointed if the Lions weren't play off finalists. Bates needs to grow up and race but not chase lost causes as he ends up getting injured.As has been pointed out by another poster, he is fifth in the team averages and may be difficult to cover if we had to use R/R.

Should either or both of the twins kick on at reserve, I don't see us dropping anything at home. If they can match their opposite numbers away, we really are in business.

Let's not get too picky though eh? As long as we get to smell some methanol, we'll take whatever comes!

• Like 2

Does anybody know what (if any) restrictions will be in place re social distancing and or crowd limitations for the planned first meeting?

3 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Does anybody know what (if any) restrictions will be in place re social distancing and or crowd limitations for the planned first meeting?

We will have to wait for Boris!

1 hour ago, Skodaman said:

We will have to wait for Boris!

....and the data!!

• Like 1

Is there a date set for when Beaumont Park can open up for practice sessions?

6 hours ago, 1 valve said:

Is there a date set for when Beaumont Park can open up for practice sessions?

Think it is about the 12th April  but not sure 

I am sure I have read somewhere that S Nicholls has booked a midlands track for Kent to practice on. Being an ex rider, I would say that it is the Leicester track.

22 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think it is about the 12th April  but not sure 

Is that for group(large numbers) rather then private(small numbers)