British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

3 hours ago, flagrag said:

I wouldn’t think any Speedway fans who want to visit Leicester will have any issues in getting tickets for meetings with the stadium capacity over 3,500.

The first meeting will be very busy so that is only one that may be an exception to the above. The biggest issue I can foresee is that casual fan who wants to just turn up on a nice summer night but can no longer do this as will have to have purchased their ticket online beforehand.

Tosh1218- There was some lower crowds but over the season was over 1,500 including season ticket holder’s 

I thought that the capacity was 4500 hen it opened.

3 hours ago, Skodaman said:

I thought that the capacity was 4500 hen it opened.

Barn not free range then? 

22 hours ago, flagrag said:

I wouldn’t think any Speedway fans who want to visit Leicester will have any issues in getting tickets for meetings with the stadium capacity over 3,500.

The first meeting will be very busy so that is only one that may be an exception to the above. The biggest issue I can foresee is that casual fan who wants to just turn up on a nice summer night but can no longer do this as will have to have purchased their ticket online beforehand.

Tosh1218- There was some lower crowds but over the season was over 1,500 including season ticket holder’s 

Perhaps but in this day and age most people can literally stand outside a venue and purchase an e ticket on their phone in a couple of minutes. 

I believe Lynn are selling a limited number of tickets on the night for 2021 for those unable to purchase online, this seems a sensible move. 

• Like 1

I am sure I have read somewhere that ticket sales will be suspended at Noon on the day of the match to allow the club to organise the stadium into Covid secure sections with the right amount of people in each area to allow social distancing.

I can see this causing some issues because some people always want to view from the same area but if that area is full they will complain they have watched speedway from day 1 in that area.

I personally like to watch a few races from each different area but I will be trying to get into the bend 3 area if I can & allowing they open the full stadium for NDL matches.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Lionspride said:

I am sure I have read somewhere that ticket sales will be suspended at Noon on the day of the match to allow the club to organise the stadium into Covid secure sections with the right amount of people in each area to allow social distancing.

I can see this causing some issues because some people always want to view from the same area but if that area is full they will complain they have watched speedway from day 1 in that area.

I personally like to watch a few races from each different area but I will be trying to get into the bend 3 area if I can & allowing they open the full stadium for NDL matches.

People, quite simply, have to be sensible. If they want to stand in "their usual spot", then get there early, otherwise they may have to stand "where they can". 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StevePark said:

People, quite simply, have to be sensible. If they want to stand in "their usual spot", then get there early, otherwise they may have to stand "where they can". 

So, suppose everyone gets there early? ;)

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

As Harry Hill used to say on TV

"FIGHT"

Regards 

THJ 

It could all go wrong, they might be scrapping in the car park. :unsure:

• Haha 2

Can anyone confirm start time for Saturday matches? Website fixtures page says 7pm, twitter post regarding Douglas and Morris flying back says 7.30.

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

Can anyone confirm start time for Saturday matches? Website fixtures page says 7pm, twitter post regarding Douglas and Morris flying back says 7.30.

Thanks.

It's been sooooooo long... I'm even looking forward to the sun delay :rofl:

10 hours ago, LionsFan said:

Thanks.

Saturdays are 7pm Midweek is 7:30.

On 4/29/2021 at 10:53 AM, Lionspride said:

Understand the closure of tickets at a certain time but utterly mad about keeping you the same area. Non League in September/October you were allowed to wander - Beaumont Park is 85% open air. 

On 4/29/2021 at 10:53 AM, Lionspride said:

There's always someone that will complain.....but I'll be grateful and count my lucky stars that I get to see any racing, from any position!!

• Like 2

Is there any possibility of Live Streaming from next Saturday's match at Leicester?

23 hours ago, Al Stewart said:

Is there any possibility of Live Streaming from next Saturday's match at Leicester?

There will be no live streaming of matches anywhere because you can now attend the meeting.