British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

4 hours ago, Lionspride said:

There will be no live streaming of matches anywhere because you can now attend the meeting.

Wrong, Glasgow are streaming the first couple of meetings at least.:cheers:

6 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

Wrong, Glasgow are streaming the first couple of meetings at least.:cheers:

... because Glasgow remains in Scottish tier 3

26 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

... because Glasgow remains in Scottish tier 3

So there will be streaming somewhere. :t:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lionspride said:

There will be no live streaming of matches anywhere because you can now attend the meeting.

I can assure you Edinburgh will be streaming every meeting this season. Once full crowds are back there will be a geographical restriction. I’m amazed there seem to be so few others doing it. 

• Like 1

Anybody know what's happening with the Leicester ticket booking website? I can only Buy Tickets for the Berwick match on the 6th of June and they want £26!!!

On all of the others I click the Buy Tickets button and there are no tickets to buy... have they sold out already?

15 hours ago, iainb said:

Anybody know what's happening with the Leicester ticket booking website? I can only Buy Tickets for the Berwick match on the 6th of June and they want £26!!!

On all of the others I click the Buy Tickets button and there are no tickets to buy... have they sold out already?

The Berwick meeting is a double header with the cubs against Berwick Bullets following the Lions, so I presume that's why it's £26. Do they only sell tickets for 1 meeting at a time, so perhaps the next meeting doesn't go on sale until the Berwick meeting is finished? But why put a buy ticket button if that's the case?

8 minutes ago, stevethelion said:

The Berwick meeting is a double header with the cubs against Berwick Bullets following the Lions, so I presume that's why it's £26. Do they only sell tickets for 1 meeting at a time, so perhaps the next meeting doesn't go on sale until the Berwick meeting is finished? But why put a buy ticket button if that's the case?

Yeah, I've been in contact with the club about this. The Berwick match is a double header with the juniors and they're not selling separate tickets, so I'll give that one a miss at £26! as I have no interest in the NDL team. I think they're having a few teething troubles with the booking system as the Scunny match on the 12th is actually a KOC match and they're showing it as a league match with nothing showing in the KOC ticket section... you're unable to actually buy them anyway so I'm not actually sure what the purchasing policy is

The Lions promotion have made a big mistake in charging £26 for this “double header” where the second fixture is an NDL match up. I know 6 folk not going because of the cost and there will be more no shows from those who normally attend Lions fixtures. 

• Like 2

Few weeks ago seemed everyone was so starved of speedway they couldn’t wait for it to start…… then there was a grumble because prices have gone up £1…. . Now the grumble is two meetings one after another for £26

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

The Lions promotion have made a big mistake in charging £26 for this “double header” where the second fixture is an NDL match up. I know 6 folk not going because of the cost and there will be more no shows from those who normally attend Lions fixtures. 

Their loss. Fans moan about no speedway and this is now the price that needs to be paid, don’t attend, lose the club or get your hand in your pocket and support the club and the next generation of stars at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My only live meeting of 2019 was to Belle Vue to watch a NDL match between BV v Mildenhall. Cost £10, only grandstand seats available but it was really good to see developing youngsters giving it a go. Well worth the money supporting “tomorrow’s” Premiership riders.  £26 for two meetings, yes, I would have gone for that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Their loss. Fans moan about no speedway and this is now the price that needs to be paid, don’t attend, lose the club or get your hand in your pocket and support the club and the next generation of stars at the same time.

Why the need for a double header in the first place? 
£18 for a Lions fixture one week & £16 another week for the Cubs when the seniors are not at home would be more palatable & affordable.
Please don’t lay the future of speedway at the feet of supporters,  that is the responsibility of promoters to make what they offer desirable to the paying public who will then make their choice and pay up or stay away accordingly. 

5 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

£18 for a Lions fixture one week & £16 another week for the Cubs when the seniors are not at home would be more palatable & affordable.
Please don’t lay the future of speedway at the feet of supporters,  that is the responsibility of promoters to make what they offer desirable to the paying public who will then make their choice and pay up or stay away accordingly. 

Ask the promoters !

you don’t like what’s on offer, don’t go , but then don’t moan when it’s no longer on offer.

13 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Ask the promoters !

you don’t like what’s on offer, don’t go , but then don’t moan when it’s no longer on offer.

Ask the promoters “what?” Exactly? 

16 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

A double header saves insurance costs, stadium rental, meeting fees, referee fees, ambulance & first-aid costs, etc, etc.

Also, if (as you quote) you are paying £18 to watch the Lions and £16 to watch the Cubs, at the double-header you're saving £8 on admission, plus buying only one programme, paying one load of petrol, car parking, etc, etc.

You might feel that £26 for thirty races is too much, and that's your privilege.     But it's less that a quid a race..........

• Like 5