British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

Whist I think £26 is steep (but I will happily pay it ) the 2 cubs meetings have been really good close meetings with plenty of action & 100% effort from riders. Yes they are not at 1st team level but you only need 2 equal sides to have a close fought meeting .  The cubs have some exciting young riders like Ben Trigger who I think could go along way & also (if fit) Mickie Simpson making his home debut who I have been impressed with in Youth meetings .When you look at it your in theory getting the NDL match for £9 instead of £13 with top young riders in it J & D Thompson , Leon Flint , Kyle Bickley , Joe Lawlor & Ben Trigger . Yes you get Kai Ward who is new to the sport but it was amazing to see his improvement in just 2

weeks. Give it ago I think you will be pleasantly surprised by it. 

I will be there to support Lions & the young cubs .

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Lionspride said:

Whist I think £26 is steep (but I will happily pay it ) the 2 cubs meetings have been really good close meetings with plenty of action & 100% effort from riders. Yes they are not at 1st team level but you only need 2 equal sides to have a close fought meeting .  The cubs have some exciting young riders like Ben Trigger who I think could go along way & also (if fit) Mickie Simpson making his home debut who I have been impressed with in Youth meetings .When you look at it your in theory getting the NDL match for £9 instead of £13 with top young riders in it J & D Thompson , Leon Flint , Kyle Bickley , Joe Lawlor & Ben Trigger . Yes you get Kai Ward who is new to the sport but it was amazing to see his improvement in just 2

weeks. Give it ago I think you will be pleasantly surprised by it. 

I do take your point. However, £26 is too much for me I'm afraid.

Enjoy. 

14 hours ago, Lionspride said:

When you look at it your in theory getting the NDL match for £9 instead of £13

But you're not getting the choice of which match/standard of rider you want to watch... which is the point.

The only choice is take it or leave it and on this occasion I will leave it.

I hope you enjoy it though :)

3 hours ago, iainb said:

But you're not getting the choice of which match/standard of rider you want to watch... which is the point.

The only choice is take it or leave it and on this occasion I will leave it.

I hope you enjoy it though :)

Unfortunately many fans may feel the same way and "leave it". Much better would have been for the promoters to charge an additional £4 (adult) which more than likely would have been more acceptable and thus create a higher attendance.  

• Like 2

Regarding the arrangements for using tickets from the postponed meeting v Edinburgh I note that the ticket office information on the website says. “Fans will need to present the Paypal receipt for the postponed Edinburgh fixture (either printed or on mobile) at the Ticket Office and they will be issued with appropriate paper admission tickets.  
however the website says All tickets for the 2021 season MUST be purchased online via our website in advance of the meeting. 
So I am confused how this will work, in particular is there a cut off time to redeem tickets (currently I believe it’s around midday on the day of the meeting) and where the ticket office is and when is it open?
Any insight would be greatly appreciated  

Edited by 1 valve

Still unable to buy tickets for a week on Sunday...

Can someone please tell me if you can pay just the 17.00 admission and watch the senior meeting,I don't have the time to watch a further 15 races? 

12 hours ago, Moranboys said:

Can someone please tell me if you can pay just the 17.00 admission and watch the senior meeting,I don't have the time to watch a further 15 races? 

The only choice is pay £26. and decide if you want to watch one or two matches. 

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

The only choice is pay £26. and decide if you want to watch one or two matches. 

Then,normally I would have been happy to pay the 34.00 for myself and my missus but don't have the time to watch another 15 heats and certainly at 26.00 pounds each,wouldn't anyway,factor in programmefuel etc and 60.00 plus is a lot of money it doesn't cost me that on groceries for the week!should definately have the option of paying just for the senior meeting and to penalize those who would want to just do that is very very wrong.its things like this that make me angry,I know it's been a tough year for promoters,but it's also been a tough year for everyone,so,this is one couple who for sure will not be attending and hope that the promotion won't miss the 34.00 they would have normally got,plus programme,car park,etc..!!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

What's the rain been like this morning at Beaumont Park?

I'm a mile and a half away, there's been some very light drizzle, it's drying as soon as it hits the ground though

On 6/1/2021 at 6:38 PM, justathought said:

I do take your point. However, £26 is too much for me I'm afraid.

Enjoy. 

Does anybody know what  the entry charge was   for the   equivalent 2 meetings in Berwick yesterday evening ? 

It's raining now

7 minutes ago, Fullmax said:

Does anybody know what  the entry charge was   for the   equivalent 2 meetings in Berwick yesterday evening ? 

£24 I think... A £50 weekend!

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's raining now

Sun's trying to come through now