British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

3 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

That’s what I meant, Poland is a separate issue but he’d have to give up the NDL to ride for another club and I can’t see that happening as he’s very loyal to the club, his Polish club want him over there and are waving the euro’s.

Surely if a Premiership club wanted him he’d be daft not to take that opportunity at the expense of his Bullets spot? Yes he’s loyal to Berwick but surely he and they want him to progress as well as he can and I can’t imagine he is learning too much from NDL racing?

Hope he gets as many rides in Poland as possible too.

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Robinh88 said:

Nbj very unlucky!

his camchain snapped was well in front as well 

19 hours ago, Fullmax said:

Does anybody know what  the entry charge was   for the   equivalent 2 meetings in Berwick yesterday evening ? 

£25 inc booking fee and £3 for the programme

15 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Howarth injured wrist yesterday. Not riding for Sheffield tonight.

Josh Bates withdrew from this meeting after a crash. I do not know the details of this collision.

Lions need to get rid of Bates if they want to win anything,( unless R/R is the route they fancy).

4 minutes ago, Skodaman said:

Josh Bates withdrew from this meeting after a crash. I do not know the details of this collision.

Self induced. Locked up on turn 1 and his foot rest caught the ground resulting in a high-side.  

31 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Lions need to get rid of Bates if they want to win anything,( unless R/R is the route they fancy).

Seems as unlikely as him getting the push from Sheffield. Only way Bates doesn't feature is if/when he hurts himself

• Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 7:39 PM, Normski said:

he has posted on facebook blown engine

On 6/6/2021 at 10:08 PM, Bandits4eva said:

:sad:

It sounded expensive from where I was stood on the starline.  Berwick were very unlucky. Start of the weekend for me was Flint.

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Seems as unlikely as him getting the push from Sheffield. Only way Bates doesn't feature is if/when he hurts himself

Which is quite a lot during the season most years.

On 6/6/2021 at 7:39 PM, Normski said:

he has posted on facebook blown engine

That's what I thought, the way the bike stopped, don't see how a footrest could've caught the track. If it was the left footpeg he would have been horizontal, if it was the right the bike would have been lying flat on the track.

So its quite clear changes are needed at Leicester if we want to compete for the play offs .

Maybe an unpopular opinion but Dan & Joe have not been the same this season , last season they dominated in the NDL but this season they are nowhere near that, in the past around BP they would wipe the floor with the over rated Flint & Bickley but not last sunday.   

Josh Bates has to go , he is well off the pace . Not making starts & there is no sign of improvement .

The options are so limited though. The only people I can see out there are Nicolas Porsing or the return of baby Bjerre . 

If we look at making 2 changes (Bates & Proctor) then do we go with someone like Krystian Pieszczek & then a 5 point rider at no 2 like Young Scandinavian with room for improvement?

I think it would be harsh to sack Proctor though because for Leicester he has done well in 2 of the 3 lions meetings. 6+1 & 5+2 . Thats what you expect from the number 2 berth. What he does for Kings Lynn where he has been poor shouldn’t effect his spot at Leicester .

Would love to hear fellow Lions fans thoughts on the team situation.

2 hours ago, Lionspride said:

...... Would love to hear fellow Lions fans thoughts on the team situation.

Having the Thompsons as our two reserves was always going to be a bit of a gamble. But the long term aim is to help develop them into top class riders and the Leicester management have taken this brave decision on that basis.
The team overall still has the potential to be in the top half of the table with three solid heat leaders and some sensible, not spectacular, scores from the the rest of the team. I would say that we can't afford to be running RR too often as this puts more pressure on the reserves. I reserve judgement on Ty Proctor. It can be a case of which Ty turns up. As for Josh Bates, he really isn't winning any fans just now. We need him to settle down to be a solid second string rather than going for broke all the time and ending up injured. Clearly he has the inside track with his family connection but my impression is that Stewart Dickson does not suffer fools gladly. 

• Like 1

Cant believe teams are talking of sacking riders already ? (unless long term injured....)

• Like 1