British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

Or RR, which would be the likely replacement in the majority of cases.

Yes, indeed, but I did say IF they have to be replaced by a guest.  Perhaps I should have said "If they are replaced by a guest", but R/R remains an option.  God knows how that would work, if they remain on their *number from the start of the season!

23 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Yes, indeed, but I did say IF they have to be replaced by a guest.  Perhaps I should have said "If they are replaced by a guest", but R/R remains an option.  God knows how that would work, if they remain on their *number from the start of the season!

I can’t see any circumstance where using a facility under Reg 12.4 would mean an RS rider in the 1-5 would have to be replaced by a guest.

I see Damien Bates on the website complaining about ticket sales for tonight and worried for Saturday. I can't comment on the cubs as I have zero interest in them but I thought the crowd was quite healthy last Saturday and that was a dead rubber that had zero promotion on the website.

If it's on I'll be there on Saturday night!

Decent crowd for the NDL tonight I thought.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Elmo said:

Decent crowd for the NDL tonight I thought.

Have been told today that from now you will be able to pay on the door, so that's got to help.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 5:27 PM, Trackerman48 said:

Have been told today that from now you will be able to pay on the door, so that's got to help.

Is that cash and/or credit card do you know, or just cash?

13 hours ago, iainb said:

Is that cash and/or credit card do you know, or just cash?

Think it's both but not 100 % sure.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think it's both but not 100 % sure.

It's both

I may have missed it as I didn't attend the Berwick match... But has the Championship League Trophy been paraded around in front of the fans yet?

I am sorry but with today’s result Ty Proctor & Josh Bates simply have to go now. I know Josh didn’t ride this weekend but his performances & injury's alone are enough for me. Don’t get me started on Ty Proctor last time i checked you turned the throttle back & the bike left . He rolls the throttle off & turns the bike right almost like he doesn’t want to race. Can anyone who was there tell me if he was the same at Newcastle today ?

No more excuse or compassion can be given . We all know the only reason they are still in a job is because of their connection to our club owners.

The next 7 days will be key to what the ambitions of the club are . Strengthen up & we have a fighting chance of the play offs leave the team as it is & we can kiss goodbye to any chance of silverware. 

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

I am sorry but with today’s result Ty Proctor & Josh Bates simply have to go now. I know Josh didn’t ride this weekend but his performances & injury's alone are enough for me. Don’t get me started on Ty Proctor last time i checked you turned the throttle back & the bike left . He rolls the throttle off & turns the bike right almost like he doesn’t want to race. Can anyone who was there tell me if he was the same at Newcastle today ?

No more excuse or compassion can be given . We all know the only reason they are still in a job is because of their connection to our club owners.

The next 7 days will be key to what the ambitions of the club are . Strengthen up & we have a fighting chance of the play offs leave the team as it is & we can kiss goodbye to any chance of silverware. 

I wasn’t at Newcastle myself but from reports of people who were Ty Proctor looked uninterested in racing and even when he got in front soon found himself at the back by going too wide and shutting off too early.

To make changes even with the Bates family blessing is difficult due to Dan Thompson and both Douglas and & Morris improving their average. So to make one change there is not the riders out there that would make that big difference. 

The other option is to make two changes and bring in another heat leader and then sign a 2-3point rider but then more pressure on Dan Thompson who would be at 2 or 4 although he seemed to handle the pressure well this weekend. This option may have progress if the right rider becomes available but is complicated with the restrictions on admission to pay for these changes.

I agree in principle that the season is fast pushing ahead and if Leicester want to push for play offs need to get wins on the road as well as assuring home wins and not allowing visitors to gain any points on their visits to Leicester 

23 minutes ago, flagrag said:

I wasn’t at Newcastle myself but from reports of people who were Ty Proctor looked uninterested in racing and even when he got in front soon found himself at the back by going too wide and shutting off too early.

To make changes even with the Bates family blessing is difficult due to Dan Thompson and both Douglas and & Morris improving their average. So to make one change there is not the riders out there that would make that big difference. 

The other option is to make two changes and bring in another heat leader and then sign a 2-3point rider but then more pressure on Dan Thompson who would be at 2 or 4 although he seemed to handle the pressure well this weekend. This option may have progress if the right rider becomes available but is complicated with the restrictions on admission to pay for these changes.

I agree in principle that the season is fast pushing ahead and if Leicester want to push for play offs need to get wins on the road as well as assuring home wins and not allowing visitors to gain any points on their visits to Leicester 

Maybe going to pull a”fast one” when 1st set of average changes come out.Bates retires (6.19)Procter’s av drops and bring in decent heat leader to replace Bates.Even Douglas and Howorth are have some “ ropey meetings”.;):P.Dickson is no mug.

The worst part of Ty’s performance today apart from turning right instead of left was pulling onto the centre green under power after a couple of laps when last only for Clegg to have a problem and have to push his bike round for half a lap. If he had carried on he would have a got a point and so would we. Just totally unprofessional and did not appear to go down well in the pits either.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Elmo said:

The worst part of Ty’s performance today apart from turning right instead of left was pulling onto the centre green under power after a couple of laps when last only for Clegg to have a problem and have to push his bike round for half a lap. If he had carried on he would have a got a point and so would we. Just totally unprofessional and did not appear to go down well in the pits either.

We made the trip and it didn't go down well with us either. 

• Like 1

Would Josh Auty fit  for either Proctor or Bates, or would we need to replace them both for him?

Are Fredriksen or Ruml who rode at Glasgow in the GP qualifier looking for a team?