British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

7 hours ago, Honey Monster said:

Would Luke Becker come in on an assessed average or a calculated average using his Premiership figures?

I don’t think he’s ridden Championship before.

Boris Becker is more likely

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

So why not suggest a double change in the first place, explaining who you suggest would be dropped and who you would bring in as the replacement riders.

Bates & Proctor for Auty and anyone who's available with an average that fits.

1 hour ago, KingoftheTrack said:

Bates & Proctor for Auty and anyone who's available with an average that fits.

Auty & Jake Knight

Doesn’t seem much coming from the lions camp regarding Ty Proctors replacement. Only two days and they face Newcastle again. Can Leicester use a guest. 

1 hour ago, justathought said:

Doesn’t seem much coming from the lions camp regarding Ty Proctors replacement. Only two days and they face Newcastle again. Can Leicester use a guest. 

I guess that Proctor could be deemed to be "withholding his services" (for up to 28 days) and so a guest or R/R facility.

Leicester will have RR for Josh on Saturday against Newcastle and Tom Brennan guests for Ty Proctor.

13 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

Kings Lynn have a guest replacement for Proctor tonight.

That's cause he's reserve, you can't run RR there

10 hours ago, flagrag said:

Leicester will have RR for Josh on Saturday against Newcastle and Tom Brennan guests for Ty Proctor.

Other way round according to Leicester socials

19 hours ago, justathought said:

Leicester are using a guest according to the Star

In his build up comments to tomorrow's Newcastle match, "the special one" has suggested that he has one or two riders in his sites to replace Ty Proctor, and it would seem hopeful that this will happen sooner rather than later. Interesting times in the den me thinks!

The comments suggest to me that he is only looking to find a replacement for Proctor and not a double change.

1 Ryan Douglas 8.59
2 Zach Wajtknecht 5.27
3 Kyle Howarth 6.99
4 Josh Auty 7.34
5 Nick Morris 8.41
6 Dan Thompson 2.00
7 Joe Thompson 1*

Does Zach Wajtknecht still do speedway? Or is he focussing on Longtrack... This could be an interesting team to watch and Josh Auty is the obvious signing... Only other options I can think of is tempting Victor Palovaara, Claus Vissing or Nico Covatti back to the country? Which I'm not sure is possible in the current situation

Ellis Perks was back on a bike not long ago, has he got his equipment sorted/ready to go again? Straight swap Ty Proctor for Ellis Perks maybe? Would fit nicely

1 Ryan Douglas 8.59
2 Ellis Perks 6.40
3 Kyle Howarth 6.99
4 Josh Bates 6.05
5 Nick Morris 8.41
6 Dan Thompson 2.00
7 Joe Thompson 1*

I know everyone is going to tell me why these changes can't happen, just having a bit of fun speculating... :t:

6 hours ago, Dandelion said:
1 Ryan Douglas 8.59
2 Zach Wajtknecht 5.27
3 Kyle Howarth 6.99
4 Josh Auty 7.34
5 Nick Morris 8.41
6 Dan Thompson 2.00
7 Joe Thompson 1*

Does Zach Wajtknecht still do speedway? Or is he focussing on Longtrack... This could be an interesting team to watch and Josh Auty is the obvious signing... Only other options I can think of is tempting Victor Palovaara, Claus Vissing or Nico Covatti back to the country? Which I'm not sure is possible in the current situation

Ellis Perks was back on a bike not long ago, has he got his equipment sorted/ready to go again? Straight swap Ty Proctor for Ellis Perks maybe? Would fit nicely

1 Ryan Douglas 8.59
2 Ellis Perks 6.40
3 Kyle Howarth 6.99
4 Josh Bates 6.05
5 Nick Morris 8.41
6 Dan Thompson 2.00
7 Joe Thompson 1*

I know everyone is going to tell me why these changes can't happen, just having a bit of fun speculating... :t:

Wasn't Palovaara the rider they tried to sign mid-way through the 2019 season, but because he was owned by Glasgow & they were the main rivals for the title, they refused to give permission for the move, so maybe he's one they could be looking at again. Travel might be an issue though, like you say. The new signing really needs to be completed by 1st of July, because Proctor's average falls from  6.84 to 5.42 on that date, so they will lose 1.42 on a like for like swap after that date. Perks would fit nicely if he could be tempted back.

Are the twins involved in the young Lions (national level) at all does anybody know?

All I ever hear about are the Kemp, Palin, Rowe, Flint etc.

I've never seen the twins wearing national garb