British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

Think it shows the state of the sport in GB when aChampionship reserve  prefers to ride in Poland.

He probably realises that he has more chance of improving  by regularly racing against a better standard of rider.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, woofers said:

I have just visited the Eastbourne website to check out…..etc etc, and found :

Leicester introduce Aussie Zaine Kennedy into their team but their other new signing, Hans Andersen, is unavailable because he is riding in Poland.

Scott Nicholls stands in.

Championship teams

Eastbourne Eagles: Richard Lawson, Kyle Newman, Edward Kennett, Tom Brennan, Lewi Kerr, Jason Edwards, Nathan Ablitt.

Leicester Lions: Scott Nicholls, Zaine Kennedy, Kyle Howarth, Ryan Douglas, Nick Morris, Dan Thompson, Joe Thompson.

National Development League Teams

Eastbourne Seagulls: Jake Knight, Vinnie Foord, Connor King, Joe Alcock, Danno Verge, Nick Laurence, Nathan Ablitt.

Leicester Cubs: Dan Thompson, Ben Trigger, Joe Lawlor, Tom Spencer, Joe Thompson, Kai Ward, Mickie Simpson.

Just to be pedantic Hans Andersen is not riding in Poland on Sunday- He is in Latvia riding for Daugavpils in the Polish Div 2 :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Fake news alert

You would have thought, having a superior, up-to-date website than others, team news on Eagles v Lions would be on this page

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/all-roads-lead-to-arlington-on-sunday/

and Seagulls v Cubs would be on this page

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/hailsham-teenager-makes-eastbourne-speedway-debut/

A bit of a "Mix and Match" if you ask me. :t: :D

11 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure where your looking but when I click on fixtures & stats there's no averages for 2021!

Yes there is. Hovver over Fixtures/Statistics wait for the drop down and click on "Lions Statistics" and the page below comes up:

http://www.leicesterspeedway.com/lionsstatistics21

29 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Yes there is. Hovver over Fixtures/Statistics wait for the drop down and click on "Lions Statistics" and the page below comes up:

I have seen that previously but I think szkocjasid & myself are talking about Eastbourne's superior website.

• Thanks 1

Now it is not on the Speedway GB website, it is quite handy looking at the averages page giving ongoing CMA's & present yearly averages. Helps us, or some of us, posters try to work out possible guests on current form.

An excellent piece which should be on everyone's website and/or in their programmes.

I attempt to contribute positively to this forum, but a few posters just suck the joy out of life.

Ta-ta.

7 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Think it shows the state of the sport in GB when aChampionship reserve  prefers to ride in Poland.

Does he, or is he under contract to ride there? Remember this is a rearranged fixture, so was not in the original schedule.

On 7/15/2021 at 5:49 PM, justathought said:

5.46pm Thursday night. And not a thing about the Eastbourne meeting on the Leicester website. No mention that we have a guest, who he is, why we have one. Nothing. Speedway never stops astounding me. 

Why have we got a guest?

Edited by Skodaman
answer has been given

10 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

You would have thought, having a superior, up-to-date website than others, team news on Eagles v Lions would be on this page

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/all-roads-lead-to-arlington-on-sunday/

and Seagulls v Cubs would be on this page

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/hailsham-teenager-makes-eastbourne-speedway-debut/

A bit of a "Mix and Match" if you ask me. :t: :D

More rubbish from IronScorpion who has not the faintest idea of how publishing works online.

More fake news from IronScoprio (sic)

On 7/16/2021 at 11:24 AM, StevePark said:

On 7/16/2021 at 11:56 AM, IronScorpion said:

I have seen that previously but I think szkocjasid & myself are talking about Eastbourne's superior website.

Yes, I thought we were talking about the aves on Eastbourne's site! The Leicester stats are great!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Yes, I thought we were talking about the aves on Eastbourne's site! The Leicester stats are great!

This discussion probably dichotemises the key issue facing the sport right now. 

Stick and hold what you have Twist and look outwards.

If the sport does the latter it dies, if it looks outwards it has a small chance. 

Websites. Social Media and Programmes say a lot about which camp teams are in and averages are obviously vital to diehards but mind numbing for newcomers. 

Everyone has an opinion, in my opinion

Scunthorpe deliver a poor programme. Average website and unless I've missed it lacklustre social media. Very average overall bottom 6

Leicester a good programme, formulaic AP website and excellent social media. Very good overall top 6

Eastbourne very independent it seems on all they do, always a very good programme and daily social media and a website clearly looking outwards to new supporters as well as older ones. Very good overall top 6

Whether averages define websites or not is very much down to your own perspective. 

12 minutes ago, HGould said:

This discussion probably dichotemises the key issue facing the sport right now. 

Stick and hold what you have Twist and look outwards.

If the sport does the latter it dies, if it looks outwards it has a small chance. 

Websites. Social Media and Programmes say a lot about which camp teams are in and averages are obviously vital to diehards but mind numbing for newcomers. 

Everyone has an opinion, in my opinion

Scunthorpe deliver a poor programme. Average website and unless I've missed it lacklustre social media. Very average overall bottom 6

Leicester a good programme, formulaic AP website and excellent social media. Very good overall top 6

Eastbourne very independent it seems on all they do, always a very good programme and daily social media and a website clearly looking outwards to new supporters as well as older ones. Very good overall top 6

Whether averages define websites or not is very much down to your own perspective. 

Personally I would rather pay £17 with a free programme at Scunny, than have to pay extra admission or, extra payment for a programme.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Depends what you're looking for from a programme. If it's a race card to tell you who's in each race the Scunny prog is excellent.

If you're after a match day magazine full of adverts and press releases with the odd column from the promoter or manager and local journo it's very poor.

I prefer the former and the option not to buy the latter