British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

9 minutes ago, flagrag said:

Even the mighty Leicester City and Tigers have outsourced their conference & banqueting so they can focus on the score product the sport .

I personally think the variety of products offered by Jaybea to be good

But do the Foxes and Tigers outsource their merchandise? As for Jaybea the only League Championship winning merch that I could see was a badge... or a scarf that can be pre-ordered with delivery from the 24th of November!!! That in my book is rubbish!

9 minutes ago, iainb said:

But do the Foxes and Tigers outsource their merchandise? As for Jaybea the only League Championship winning merch that I could see was a badge... or a scarf that can be pre-ordered with delivery from the 24th of November!!! That in my book is rubbish!

I have a 2019 League champions programme board (purchased from jaybea in October 2019)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, arnieg said:

I have a 2019 League champions programme board (purchased from jaybea in October 2019)

I stand corrected, a prog board, badge and pre-order scarf

1 hour ago, iainb said:

I haven't but I will do... Anyway I thought that's what these discussion forums were all about. I'll let you know what the reply is and we can discuss it some more.

Blimey... this sounds like a coup :rofl:

I just wonder why the Bates got involved with Leicester (Don't get me wrong, I'm glad somebody has) when they already had an interest in Sheffield... was it to give Josh a team place?

Isn't Damian Bates also on the BSPL Management Committee? Maybe he's got too many fingers in too many pies to give them his full attention, a bit of plate spinning going on maybe?

I've always thought that if you don't offer merchandise, people will never buy it, and it is free advertising for the clubs when it's being worn. But on the flip side, it's very easy to find out the cost of things nowadays and people often think their being ripped off if someone dares sell an item for a kwid more than it cost to produce! Sort of a double edged sword now. I remember as a kid rushing to the track shop to get a replica race jacket or a photo but I'm not sure people are that bothered anymore. It's a shame really 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I've always thought that if you don't offer merchandise, people will never buy it, and it is free advertising for the clubs when it's being worn. But on the flip side, it's very easy to find out the cost of things nowadays and people often think their being ripped off if someone dares sell an item for a kwid more than it cost to produce! Sort of a double edged sword now. I remember as a kid rushing to the track shop to get a replica race jacket or a photo but I'm not sure people are that bothered anymore. It's a shame really 

They seem to be big merchandise wearers at Leicester though, you see no end of people wearing the stuff

On 7/26/2021 at 5:41 PM, The Dog said:

I would suggest people are bothered. Redcar have recently started doing merchandise themselves and the stadium is a river of red every week!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marshall07 said:

I would suggest people are bothered. Redcar have recently started doing merchandise themselves and the stadium is a river of red every week!

Funnily enough I visited the Poole track shop last night for the first time this season. Thought I would treat myself to a Pirates mug at £4.99. Ended up being tempted by a new Pirates jacket at £59.95. A queue in there for tills 15 deep. All holding Pirates jackets and t-shirts at £29.95. Hundreds of pounds of merchandise in that one queue at that one moment. 

Merchandise must raise thousands of pounds for Poole over the course of the season. It’s an important income source and to lease it out to a third party is foolhardy in the extreme.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, justathought said:

Why would anyone in their right mind source out the merchandise to a third party. 

Because there are plenty of examples of clubs doing it for themselves without the necessary expertise and loosing a shedload.

For example Leicester in 2011

Edited by arnieg
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Because there are plenty of examples of clubs doing it for themselves without the necessary expertise and loosing a shedload.

For example Leicester in 2011

With the greatest respect. It’s not exactly rocket science is it. 

There are a million company’s on line who produce custom made merchandise for radio stations , bands , football teams etc.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, justathought said:

There are a million company’s on line who produce custom made merchandise for radio stations , bands , football teams etc.  

And I bet that's exactly what all the clubs who did it themselves and lost money thought too.

In fairness. We don’t know what kind of deal Leicester speedway has with the company that takes care of it for them. 

Could be that the outlay on Leicester’s part is minimal, if anything, with a guaranteed return. Who knows.  

11 hours ago, justathought said:

And Speedway Riders

11 hours ago, justathought said:

In fairness. We don’t know what kind of deal Leicester speedway has with the company that takes care of it for them. 

Could be that the outlay on Leicester’s part is minimal, if anything, with a guaranteed return. Who knows.  

Normally in business when services are "subbed" out there are service level agreements and targets to be met. Judging by the "Championship Winners" range on the Jaybea website it doesn't look like there was a clause in there about producing merchandise to cash in on the success

13 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I've just looked at the range of Redcar merchandise on the website... Awesome! :rofl: