British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

9 hours ago, Trees said:

Speedway clubs should produce calendars that run March/April - March/April and use the photos from press and practice imo ......

They'd then miss out on Christmas sales, the biggest time to sell a calendar!

On 10/19/2021 at 10:55 AM, gazzac said:

Being an Eastie fan, would have loved your season, but as an outsider seem to have just slightly underperformed all round all season really, I had you down as champions earlier on, and even maybe at the playoffs stage. A slight improvement all round next year will surely put you in the frame again. 

That's a pretty good assessment. There were silly points dropped on the road early on. But when Hans was brought in and Zaine started scoring some points it looked like a winning team. But the team never quite gelled somehow. Its hard to be critical about what was going on as we don't know any details. Stuart Dickson looks like a very capable manager and Kyle Howarth always speaks well in his role as captain.

I wonder if Scott had not moved, the end result might have been different?

3 hours ago, False dawn said:

That's a pretty good assessment. There were silly points dropped on the road early on. But when Hans was brought in and Zaine started scoring some points it looked like a winning team. But the team never quite gelled somehow. Its hard to be critical about what was going on as we don't know any details. Stuart Dickson looks like a very capable manager and Kyle Howarth always speaks well in his role as captain.

I wonder if Scott had not moved, the end result might have been different?

Scott does seem to have the knack/skill of bringing the most out of a team, so would have only made a positive difference I would imagine. What seems almost the norm is most of the Premiership riders who did the business this season, underperformed in comparison in the championship, not totally sure of the reason, can't believe its machinery, but maybe the generally tighter tracks compared to BV and Peterborough?

Edited by gazzac

9 hours ago, PhilTheAce said:

Matthew Gilmour for Andrea Rowe incoming 

From what I saw of Gilmour last season Stewart Dickson would do a better job if he donned a race suit himself!

• Haha 1