British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

Great to see this seasons race jackets on the club's twitter page, it's 1973 again! The retro approach is to be fully embraced by the management apparently. When you turn up for the first meeting in your flares and platform shoes, here's what you can expect:

Wilson, Jessup & Boulger waiting in the wings to step up and replace injured/absent riders (riders drawing a pension to be allocated assessed averages of 5.00 by the SCB).

Music played over the PA totally relevant to the era. (2019 stadium playlist will now be up to date and therefore retained).

A packed stadium. Fans will see the 50p admission as great value for money.

Bring it on!

• Haha 2

Leicester saying they allowed 50% capacity, what's the full capacity?

I think capacity is around 4,500. I vaguely remember they claimed that figure attended the re-opening meeting in 2011, and it did seem pretty full.

12 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

I think capacity is around 4,500. I vaguely remember they claimed that figure attended the re-opening meeting in 2011, and it did seem pretty full.

There are details of prices and Covid details on the Leicester speedway website. The capacity has been confirmed as 50% and the spectator areas are sectioned off. Masks are not mandatory except in toilets or when purchasing food!

I wonder what percentage of the capacity attended meetings before covid? The stand always looked full but plenty of room everywhere else.

Hoping nobody misses out, but so glad that we could see some speedway in three weeks.

3 hours ago, BrizHeathen said:

I wonder what percentage of the capacity attended meetings before covid? The stand always looked full but plenty of room everywhere else.

Hoping nobody misses out, but so glad that we could see some speedway in three weeks.

Depending on the opposition, weather and if the  Football & Rugby were home between 1,500 and 1,800 most weeks, obviously towards the end of the season when fighting for the league crowds were a lot higher .

Hopefully we can all be back in the stadium a month tonight watching a Lions win

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, flagrag said:

Depending on the opposition, weather and if the  Football & Rugby were home between 1,500 and 1,800 most weeks, obviously towards the end of the season when fighting for the league crowds were a lot higher .

Hopefully we can all be back in the stadium a month tonight watching a Lions win

1500 to 1800?

Really?

Wow..

That's a crowd level plenty in the Premiership would love each week..

Shows what running on your "best night" can do if those numbers are correct.. 

• Like 2

On 4/24/2021 at 10:41 AM, flagrag said:

They are pretty decent attendance figures. My question though is how close to capacity was it? For example if the capacity is 3,000 only 1,500 will get in, so potentially quite a few could miss out. Of course the capacity could be more than 3,000.

1 hour ago, BrizHeathen said:

They are pretty decent attendance figures. My question though is how close to capacity was it? For example if the capacity is 3,000 only 1,500 will get in, so potentially quite a few could miss out. Of course the capacity could be more than 3,000.

I wouldn’t think any Speedway fans who want to visit Leicester will have any issues in getting tickets for meetings with the stadium capacity over 3,500.

The first meeting will be very busy so that is only one that may be an exception to the above. The biggest issue I can foresee is that casual fan who wants to just turn up on a nice summer night but can no longer do this as will have to have purchased their ticket online beforehand.

Tosh1218- There was some lower crowds but over the season was over 1,500 including season ticket holder’s 

Edited by flagrag

If the Government roadmap timetable goes according to plan, I don't think there will be a need to buy  advance tickets for meetings after June 21.

59 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

If the Government roadmap timetable goes according to plan, I don't think there will be a need to buy  advance tickets for meetings after June 21.

Maybe, but cashless payments could be needed?