British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

Going back to the team change I personally think if you are replacing two riders  you should not be allowed to bin two riders off and bring the top rank rider in and use a guest rider /replacement to cover the rest of the remaining average  

Jake Knight listed on the Leicester  team declarations/green sheet section on the Speedway GB website?

25 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Going back to the team change I personally think if you are replacing two riders  you should not be allowed to bin two riders off and bring the top rank rider in and use a guest rider /replacement to cover the rest of the remaining average  

That’s not what’s happened at Leicester

Just now, LionsFan said:

Jake Knight listed on the Leicester  team declarations/green sheet section on the Speedway GB website?

Correct

I suppose you can't have a guest for a rider that hasn't signed so Knight is more of a short term signing until Kennedy signs? 

8 minutes ago, LionsFan said:

I suppose you can't have a guest for a rider that hasn't signed so Knight is more of a short term signing until Kennedy signs? 

Will have to be very short term as Dan will get an average soon (18th I think), and after that I doubt if Kennedy will fit.

54 minutes ago, arnieg said:

Will have to be very short term as Dan will get an average soon (18th I think), and after that I doubt if Kennedy will fit.

Leicester's 4th away match is on 16/7 so Dan will get a new ave on 23/7

Edited by szkocjasid

Jake Knight is not a guest , he has been signed on a temporary contract so is declared in the 1-7.

He will be in the Leicester side upto & including Eastbourne away . The redeclaration will be submitted on 16/7/21 to come into effect on 20/7/21. 

Why no meeting this Saturday (17/7)?

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Why no meeting this Saturday (17/7)?

The Grand Prix on TV is no doubt a factor.

1 minute ago, Teromaafan said:

The Grand Prix on TV is no doubt a factor.

That's what I wondered... Is there no meeting for every GP clash?

17th July was originally Cardiff GP. I believe that Leicester have tried to get a fixture but no team was willing to come.

• Thanks 1

Should have put a Golden Gauntlets on or something, height of summer, no clubs riding, could have assembled a decent field of riders

On 7/8/2021 at 5:52 PM, Fromafar said:

Some think it’s 4 some think it’s 6 we will just have to wait and see:cheers:

Match report on BSPA site says Leicester have now moved into the play off positions after beating Scunthorpe. They were already in the top 6 before this so it would suggest it is top 4.

16 minutes ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Match report on BSPA site says Leicester have now moved into the play off positions after beating Scunthorpe. They were already in the top 6 before this so it would suggest it is top 4.

Suggest wait and see.

35 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Suggest wait and see.

Agreed

Lets see where Leicester, Scunthorpe and Poole finish on the 19th September and then we can see if it's top 4 or top 6. 

• Haha 1