British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

12 hours ago, arnieg said:

Because there are plenty of examples of clubs doing it for themselves without the necessary expertise and loosing a shedload.

For example Leicester in 2011

There also plenty of examples of clubs doing it themselves and making a shedload

15 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I would suggest people are bothered. Redcar have recently started doing merchandise themselves and the stadium is a river of red every week!

That is good news, let's hope others follow suit and spread the word about! 

16 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

I would suggest people are bothered. Redcar have recently started doing merchandise themselves and the stadium is a river of red every week!

It looked good at Brough last week with a considerable number of the away fans who were in club colours (nice weather might have had something to do with that; but those short sleeved numbers like football tops did look smart) and its the same when Glasgow and Edinburgh fans turn up anywhere there are lots of them resplendent in club colours... always shows a bit of pride and passion in your club to me...

Regards
THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 2

Iainb....Hi my friend ...This is Johnny from Jaybea Designs here.........Just want to point out to you that the Champions merchandise we had after the 2019 win were actually on the website...They were Champions.....Jacket.....Fleece.....Polo Shirt....Hoodie...Beanie(3 sorts)....Baseball Cap(2 sorts).....Lions Champions Badge.....Cubs Champions Badge......Scarf....Key Ring...Fridge Magnet....Drinks Coaster....Pen.....Lions Programme Board.....Cubs Programme Board.....Lions Photo 6x4 to 12x8......Cubs Photo 6x4 to 12x8....Champions Calendar for 2020.....2 different mugs......They were all availble from November 2019 and through 2020.....After the Covid situation we decided to start afresh for 2021 as only 1 rider remains from that champions team......My sister Bev is at the shop tonight...If you wish to pop into to see her tonight and chat all things Track Shops she will be more than willing to maybe open your eyes on all things merchandise

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, JIROUT said:

Iainb....Hi my friend ...This is Johnny from Jaybea Designs here.........Just want to point out to you that the Champions merchandise we had after the 2019 win were actually on the website...They were Champions.....Jacket.....Fleece.....Polo Shirt....Hoodie...Beanie(3 sorts)....Baseball Cap(2 sorts).....Lions Champions Badge.....Cubs Champions Badge......Scarf....Key Ring...Fridge Magnet....Drinks Coaster....Pen.....Lions Programme Board.....Cubs Programme Board.....Lions Photo 6x4 to 12x8......Cubs Photo 6x4 to 12x8....Champions Calendar for 2020.....2 different mugs......They were all availble from November 2019 and through 2020.....After the Covid situation we decided to start afresh for 2021 as only 1 rider remains from that champions team......My sister Bev is at the shop tonight...If you wish to pop into to see her tonight and chat all things Track Shops she will be more than willing to maybe open your eyes on all things merchandise

Hi Johnny, thank you so much for coming on here and joining the discussion. I'm glad to hear that merchandise has been produced (and sold). I'll admit that as there was no speedway last season I've probably missed out on this, though I will say the clothing hasn't been terribly visible on the terraces, perhaps I need to open my eyes a bit more.

I really hope you've done well from merchandise sales, and I genuinely mean that, and while I hope you're doing well as a business I'll be honest in saying that I do hope the club has also seen the benefits of championship branded merchandise?

All the best

Iain

Iain....The club get a considerable rent every week.....They also get all teamwear for the club at cost price......They also dont have the problem of stuff left at the end of the year which has been paid for....We do 6 tracks around the country and have to stock them from scratch each year.....As you can imagine a lot of stuff is ordered in January for a March start of the season....Last year we had ordered all the stock for all 6 clubs when Covid struck....The internet sales did help but losing the Race night sales almost finished us......Thanks to the Government we just survived but it caused many sleepless nights.......I really wish making a living through Speedway Merchandise was as easy as you say :-)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JIROUT said:

Iain....The club get a considerable rent every week.....They also get all teamwear for the club at cost price......They also dont have the problem of stuff left at the end of the year which has been paid for....We do 6 tracks around the country and have to stock them from scratch each year.....As you can imagine a lot of stuff is ordered in January for a March start of the season....Last year we had ordered all the stock for all 6 clubs when Covid struck....The internet sales did help but losing the Race night sales almost finished us......Thanks to the Government we just survived but it caused many sleepless nights.......I really wish making a living through Speedway Merchandise was as easy as you say :-)

Yes, it's been tough times and my own business has also suffered due to covid. I totally appreciate everything you say and the difficulties, even without covid. But from what you're saying though it doesn't seem to me that the club have been able to "cash in" on merchandise sales which was my original point. 

And looking at it from a clubs promotional point of view I'm not sure what the incentive is for clubs to sell merchandise, Birmingham & Ipswich, for example, don't even appear to have links on their website to your website to purchase merchandise.

4 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yes, it's been tough times and my own business has also suffered due to covid. I totally appreciate everything you say and the difficulties, even without covid. But from what you're saying though it doesn't seem to me that the club have been able to "cash in" on merchandise sales which was my original point. 

And looking at it from a clubs promotional point of view I'm not sure what the incentive is for clubs to sell merchandise, Birmingham & Ipswich, for example, don't even appear to have links on their website to your website to purchase merchandise.

I think you would be amazed at sales......Speedway is not Football......If a club has a staple of 1000 people going every week......possibly 50 of those people may buy Merchandise......If there was huge money in Speedway Merchandise and 10,000 people every week i am pretty sure clubs would do there own merchandise

1 minute ago, JIROUT said:

I think you would be amazed at sales......Speedway is not Football......If a club has a staple of 1000 people going every week......possibly 50 of those people may buy Merchandise......If there was huge money in Speedway Merchandise and 10,000 people every week i am pretty sure clubs would do there own merchandise

Yes, ultimately I suppose it boils down to how many punters are actually coming through the doors, which unfortunately is nowhere near as many a there used to be. 

But some clubs do do their own merchandise or appear to anyway, I assume there are no other companies like yours that handle multiple clubs merchandise. 

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Yes, ultimately I suppose it boils down to how many punters are actually coming through the doors, which unfortunately is nowhere near as many a there used to be. 

But some clubs do do their own merchandise or appear to anyway, I assume there are no other companies like yours that handle multiple clubs merchandise. 

As i have said....Those companies doing there own merchandise....it would be interesting to know how many clubs actually have that stock on race days to feel and try on.....Maybe a Leicester fan who went to Eastbourne a couple of weeks ago could let us know what the Shop was like ??...At one time we did have 10 or so clubs we done merchandise for but had to make the decision to give them up because they were not financially viable

On 7/31/2021 at 2:14 PM, JIROUT said:

As i have said....Those companies doing there own merchandise....it would be interesting to know how many clubs actually have that stock on race days to feel and try on.....Maybe a Leicester fan who went to Eastbourne a couple of weeks ago could let us know what the Shop was like ??...At one time we did have 10 or so clubs we done merchandise for but had to make the decision to give them up because they were not financially viable

I went to Eastbourne but didn't visit the shop. I prefer to remain loyal to Leicester and spend my hard earned in the Leicester track shop, having bought a couple of jackets, fleece, a couple of tee shirts, scarf, cap, programme boards and the very excellent ruck sack, which incidently was admired so much by the supporters at Edinburgh, that they actually took photos of it with a view to pursuading their track shop to get some. Always been happy with the quality (except maybe the durability of the programme boards which is a bit suspect) and I'll be back for more.

13 minutes ago, PowerfulPierre said:

I prefer to remain loyal to Leicester and spend my hard earned in the Leicester track shop,

Leicester are not receiving anything for your purchases though

26 minutes ago, iainb said:

Leicester are not receiving anything for your purchases though

What a stupid thing to say, after the guy who works for the company came on here and told you that they get paid after you moaned for months, what is your problem? 

22 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

What a stupid thing to say, after the guy who works for the company came on here and told you that they get paid after you moaned for months, what is your problem? 

If you actually read it properly you'll see that he said he pays rent. That's all, didn't mention anything else

Probably just like the guy that sells the burgers does.

Edited by iainb