British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2021

Surely Georgie Wood is a certainty, one of the most popular eagles and a thrill to watch and Charlie Brooks is another unless already elsewhere.

As Max Clegg is going to lead Newcastle we would need a Georgie to compete with him.

10 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Surely Georgie Wood is a certainty, one of the most popular eagles and a thrill to watch and Charlie Brooks is another unless already elsewhere.

As Max Clegg is going to lead Newcastle we would need a Georgie to compete with him.

Thought Georgie stopped riding?

I think both Georgie & Charlie have stopped riding (or stopped speedway at the least). Much will depend who is calling the shots with regards to Eastbourne favourites from old or a new breed. If you are thinking of comeback men then Jake Knight or Kelsey are more likely starters. 

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think both Georgie & Charlie have stopped riding (or stopped speedway at the least). Much will depend who is calling the shots with regards to Eastbourne favourites from old or a new breed. If you are thinking of comeback men then Jake Knight or Kelsey are more likely starters. 

Didn't realise Charlie had stopped ☹ big shame he seemed like a huge prospect

• Sad 1

What's Charley Powell up to these days? Still riding too?

1 minute ago, Dandelion said:

What's Charley Powell up to these days? Still riding too?

As much as anyone else is.....he was Grasstracking still last time things were running.

11 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Didn't realise Charlie had stopped ☹ big shame he seemed like a huge prospect

Yeah i was shocked when i heard he had packed up. Flew under the radar a little but had good ability and seemed more suited to bigger tracks but chose wisely and rode on smaller home tracks to sharpen his skills. 

To be fair there is quite a list of riders who have retired after riding for Eastbourne (often due to achieving higher averages that just don't fit anywhere else. Knight, Bailey, Baseby, Powell, Brooks and Matt Saul;) 

Given the Ian Jordan connection with Plymouth I can see Henry Atkins (on 5.9) and Richard Andrews (on 6.6) on the roster but if the limit is to be 35 as rumoured then going with a really high average rider at 1 could be a drawback. In my opinion Atkins is quite capable of stepping up already.

3 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Given the Ian Jordan connection with Plymouth I can see Henry Atkins (on 5.9) and Richard Andrews (on 6.6) on the roster but if the limit is to be 35 as rumoured then going with a really high average rider at 1 could be a drawback. In my opinion Atkins is quite capable of stepping up already.

I though Ian had cut ties with Plymouth? That said despite many riders being signed up Eastbourne are in a strong position as they know the points limit and can build accordingly rather than amend the team to suit like others are doing. Weekend tracks are always a bigger temptation at this level.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I though Ian had cut ties with Plymouth? 

I thought he had given up his Directorship of Plymouth Speedway and was concentrating on developing the Coliseum for seven day usage so would be in regular contact with the speedway promoters. All that whilst being the prime mover at Arlington for the Eagles.

• Like 1

Jason Edwards is another name who could lead the team and it’ll be a confidence boost to go with his Championship outings. 

• Like 1

He certainly is still a very valued member of Plymouth.he was on local radio only last week extolling the virtues of the gladiators.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Jason Edwards is another name who could lead the team and it’ll be a confidence boost to go with his Championship outings. 

My thoughts exactly, has never had the same amount of NL rides as any of his peers, and never became a heat leader at NL before moving up, plus all kitted out already. 

• Like 2

NDL teams announced and Eastbourne are in.

Looks like plenty of speedway at Arlington once we get going.

• Like 1