British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2021

1. Jake Knight 8.83 (If he's making comeback?) If not I'm sure another rider with 8.88 is findable)

2. Jamie Bursill 3.13

3. Alex Spooner 5.65

4. Chad Wirtzfeld 3.81

5. Jason Edwards 7.53

6. Eli Meadows 3.00

7. Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Total: 34.95

Stealing much of Dandelions hard work but how about....

1. Jake Knight 8.83 

2. Kelsey Dugard 4.00

3. Alex Spooner 5.65

4. Chad Wirtzfeld 3.81

5. Richard Andrews 6.55

6. Jamie Bursill 3.13

7. Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Total: 34.97

52 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Stealing much of Dandelions hard work but how about....

1. Jake Knight 8.83 

2. Kelsey Dugard 4.00

3. Alex Spooner 5.65

4. Chad Wirtzfeld 3.81

5. Richard Andrews 6.55

6. Jamie Bursill 3.13

7. Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Total: 34.97

Decent team again, but wasn't Kelsey's last average 3.35? Really hope Richard Andrews gets a teamplace somewhere next year, so I prefer your team :P Kelsey on 3.35 and Henry Atkins for Alex Spooner?

5 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Decent team again, but wasn't Kelsey's last average 3.35? Really hope Richard Andrews gets a teamplace somewhere next year, so I prefer your team :P Kelsey on 3.35 and Henry Atkins for Alex Spooner?

Last average i could find for Kelsey was 2018 when he was out of Eastbourne on 4.00 but i could easily be wrong / he might get a reduction.

2 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Last average i could find for Kelsey was 2018 when he was out of Eastbourne on 4.00 but i could easily be wrong / he might get a reduction.

Rode for Plymouth at the end of the 2018 season and finished on a 3.35 average. :t:

• Thanks 1

I would go with Dandelion;s orignal suggestion except for Spooner'

I would bet my Easter Bunny on Edwards being a shoo in to save on travel costs and would love Henry Atkins in for Spooner.

Unfortunately that would necessitate another change to save .16 points so I would settle for Luke Harris instead of Spooner.

Luke had a decent season with the eagles in 2018 and showed a lot of improvement when a visitor with Cradley in 2019 , He also rode

a lot for Reading if I remember in the MDLat Arlington and was only beaten by Tom Brennan, he certainly knows the trackliked the track 

• Like 1

Jake Knight 8.83
Nathan Ablitt 3.00
Connor Coles 7.43
Chad Wirtzfeld 3.81
Henry Atkins 5.86
Sam Hagon 3.00
Eli Meadows 3.00

Total: 34.93

Jason Edwards 7.53
Chad Wirtzfeld 3.81
Richard Andrews 6.55
Connor King 3.67
Connor Coles 7.43
Sam Hagon 3.00
Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Total: 34.99

26 minutes ago, Dandelion said:
Jake Knight 8.83
Nathan Ablitt 3.00
Connor Coles 7.43
Chad Wirtzfeld 3.81
Henry Atkins 5.86
Sam Hagon 3.00
Eli Meadows 3.00

Jason Edwards 7.53
Chad Wirtzfeld 3.81
Richard Andrews 6.55
Connor King 3.67
Connor Coles 7.43
Sam Hagon 3.00
Nathan Ablitt 3.00

The 2nd line up has league winner all over it. Ablitt would be wasted at 2 and Meadows is a way off yet.

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:
Jake Knight 8.83
Nathan Ablitt 3.00
Connor Coles 7.43
Chad Wirtzfeld 3.81
Henry Atkins 5.86
Sam Hagon 3.00
Eli Meadows 3.00

Jason Edwards 7.53
Chad Wirtzfeld 3.81
Richard Andrews 6.55
Connor King 3.67
Connor Coles 7.43
Sam Hagon 3.00
Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Yeah option 2 would win the league (although I think Chad has retired from speedway to concentrate on grass track). For the sanity of the new national league, and to give others a chance, let’s hope that’s not the team!

This is my prediction:

Jake Knight 8.83

Connor King 3.67

Richard Andrews 6.55

Kelsey Dugard 3.35

Henry Atkins 5.86

Sam Hagon 3.00

Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Total 34.26

Mildenhall have stated that they have had to make 3 team changes from last season, with Kinsley and Marson confirming that they aren't at Mildenhall, that means one of Edwards or Ablitt is staying there (I think it is unlikely that Eastbourne won't have Ablitt in their side on a 3.00). I believe Kelsey is back living in Sussex now and can't really see him being anywhere else.

Edited by eaglesno1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

This is my prediction:

Jake Knight 8.83

Connor King 3.67

Richard Andrews 6.55

Kelsey Dugard 3.35

Henry Atkins 5.86

Sam Hagon 3.00

Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Total 34.26

Mildenhall have stated that they have had to make 3 team changes from last season, with Kinsley and Marson confirming that they aren't at Mildenhall, that means one of Edwards or Ablitt is staying there (I can't believe that Eastbourne won't have Ablitt in their side on a 3.00). I believe Kelsey is back living in Sussex now and can't really see him being anywhere else.

Unless jason Edward's isn't riding nl and that's the 3rd change mildengall have to make and nathan is staying in mildenhall... probably not...

Is Kelsey and Jake actually coming back?

3 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Unless jason Edward's isn't riding nl and that's the 3rd change mildengall have to make and nathan is staying in mildenhall... probably not...

Is Kelsey and Jake actually coming back?

Mildenhall have replaced Kinsley with Jenkins and if they switch Marson and Ablitt with two 3.00 riders their team total would come to 34.99 so they wouldn't have to lose Edwards.

Kelsey has confirmed on Facebook that he has a team spot somewhere and was looking for a personal trainer for the 2021 season in the Sussex area. When Jake rode for Eastbourne in the 3 team tournament at Plymouth last season the new management were very impressed and said they were keen to include him in future plans if the opportunity arose.

• Like 1

Just now, eaglesno1 said:

Mildenhall have replaced Kinsley with Jenkins and if they switch Marson and Ablitt with two 3.00 riders their team total would come to 34.99 so they wouldn't have to lose Edwards.

Kelsey has confirmed on Facebook that he has a team spot somewhere and was looking for a personal trainer for the 2021 season in the Sussex area. When Jake rode for Eastbourne in the 3 team tournament at Plymouth last season the new management were very impressed and said they were keen to include him in future plans if the opportunity arose.

Would be nice to see Kelsey and jake back... think theres no other place kelsey would be. Good luck to them both in 2021 and to eastbourne in general. Always a well ran club with 14 british riders across the both teams

• Like 1

Still cannot believe Jason Edwards won't be in the Eastie NDL team whatever the make up of the rest. Obviously don't know fixtures yet, but if he did ride for Mildenhall, with Sunday fixtures would he not miss a lot due to Eastie commitments in the championship? Would obviously have no problem if he rides for Eastie, potentially 10+ rides in a double header, but that would only do him good.

10 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Still cannot believe Jason Edwards won't be in the Eastie NDL team whatever the make up of the rest. Obviously don't know fixtures yet, but if he did ride for Mildenhall, with Sunday fixtures would he not miss a lot due to Eastie commitments in the championship? Would obviously have no problem if he rides for Eastie, potentially 10+ rides in a double header, but that would only do him good.

I would have thought that he would be in too but why would Mildenhall say they are making 3 changes if they have to make more? Unless Ablitt is staying there, which I think is unlikely. Eastbourne only have 4 Sundays scheduled at the moment and as Mildenhall only have 6 or 7 home fixtures to fit in it wouldn't be that difficult to work around that.

Edited by eaglesno1