British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2021

7 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

I would have thought that he would be in too but why would Mildenhall say they are making 3 changes if they have to make more? Unless Ablitt is staying there, which I think is unlikely. Eastbourne only have 4 Sundays scheduled at the moment and as Mildenhall only have 6 or 7 home fixtures to fit in it wouldn't be that difficult to work around that.

That's 4 Sundays at home, but will there not be a fair number away aswell? Not 100%sure on fixtures or race nights to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, gazzac said:

That's 4 Sundays at home, but will there not be a fair number away aswell? Not 100%sure on fixtures or race nights to be honest. 

Only one Sunday away at the moment, at Newcastle.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, TwoFourSpeed said:

Yeah option 2 would win the league (although I think Chad has retired from speedway to concentrate on grass track). For the sanity of the new national league, and to give others a chance, let’s hope that’s not the team!

I think there will be plenty of others taking that route too. Good news for grasstrack

5 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

This is my prediction:

Jake Knight 8.83

Connor King 3.67

Richard Andrews 6.55

Kelsey Dugard 3.35

Henry Atkins 5.86

Sam Hagon 3.00

Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Total 34.26

Mildenhall have stated that they have had to make 3 team changes from last season, with Kinsley and Marson confirming that they aren't at Mildenhall, that means one of Edwards or Ablitt is staying there (I think it is unlikely that Eastbourne won't have Ablitt in their side on a 3.00). I believe Kelsey is back living in Sussex now and can't really see him being anywhere else.

The only question is did Eastbourne know that King was available when they finalised their team? Otherwise I won’t be surprised to see that 7 

23 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

This is my prediction:

Jake Knight 8.83

Connor King 3.67

Richard Andrews 6.55

Kelsey Dugard 3.35

Henry Atkins 5.86

Sam Hagon 3.00

Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Total 34.26

Mildenhall have stated that they have had to make 3 team changes from last season, with Kinsley and Marson confirming that they aren't at Mildenhall, that means one of Edwards or Ablitt is staying there (I think it is unlikely that Eastbourne won't have Ablitt in their side on a 3.00). I believe Kelsey is back living in Sussex now and can't really see him being anywhere else.

With Edwards and Hagon being confirmed at Mildenhall, I'll stick with this prediction except obviously there will have to be someone different at reserve. Can't think of many riders to fill the gap, could be someone from the MSDL team, Eli Meadows or James Laker but not sure if either of these are ready yet (I haven't seen either of them ride so don't know much about them). Sheldon Davies could be a possibility, being another rider that was due to line-up for Plymouth last season. Vinnie Foord is a young rider that the management rate highly but isn't 15 until July, they may look to agree a deal with someone (perhaps Nick Laurence) to ride until July, then Vinnie could come into the side when he is old enough.

Edited by eaglesno1

1 hour ago, eaglesno1 said:

With Edwards and Hagon being confirmed at Mildenhall, I'll stick with this prediction except obviously there will have to be someone different at reserve. Can't think of many riders to fill the gap, could be someone from the MSDL team, Eli Meadows or James Laker but not sure if either of these are ready yet (I haven't seen either of them ride so don't know much about them). Sheldon Davies could be a possibility, being another rider that was due to line-up for Plymouth last season. Vinnie Foord is a young rider that the management rate highly but isn't 15 until July, they may look to agree a deal with someone (perhaps Nick Laurence) to ride until July, then Vinnie could come into the side when he is old enough.

Laker vs Meadows is chalk and cheese with Laker the highest averaged MDL rider not to have a team place. Technically he has a few issues but could be coached through that. Meadows definitely needs more laps to improve all round. Davies is another rider who has been around a while but not really improved much.

2 minutes ago, ruckerroo said:

Jake knight confirmed at n1 for the gulls

Brilliant to see him back in the sport!! Should tear the nl apart... needs a cl team too

• Like 1

1 last hurrah in the NL for4 Jake as he is very likely to finish on a double figure average. Wouldn't surprise me if he laps at least one inexperience rider around Eastbourne this season

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

Jake knight confirmed at n1 for the gulls

Best news ever! Great to have him back at Arlington. They will have to put a bit more shale on to hold him up. 

I take it when Drew is on international duty (like the European U19s), they can use Jake in the Championship team also as a guest as a replacement?

6 minutes ago, TwoFourSpeed said:

Best news ever! Great to have him back at Arlington. They will have to put a bit more shale on to hold him up. 

I take it when Drew is on international duty (like the European U19s), they can use Jake in the Championship team also as a guest as a replacement?

I was thinking that if the rules allow .

17 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

1 last hurrah in the NL for4 Jake as he is very likely to finish on a double figure average. Wouldn't surprise me if he laps at least one inexperience rider around Eastbourne this season

Knight won’t be the only person to do that!

9 minutes ago, TwoFourSpeed said:

Doesn’t the ‘NL only guest’ have to have never achieved a Championship average above 4.00 though and surely Knight has? 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Doesn’t the ‘NL only guest’ have to have never achieved a Championship average above 4.00 though and surely Knight has? 

Has jake ever ridden in the CL?

Edited by Dandelion

49 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I don't think he's ever had a full run in the championship, only a few guest rides, so pretty sure he didn't achieve an average, if he did, sure it wouldn't be 4.00.

Edited by gazzac