British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2021

1 hour ago, Dandelion said:

Has jake ever ridden in the CL?

Sheffield 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Sheffield 

Apologies, but are you getting confused with Georgie Wood?

Ignore my ramblings Richard - just seen he rode for them 15 times in 2013 with an ave of 2.4

Welcome back Jake!

Edited by Guest

I cannot find any average for Jake other than NL so he will presumably make a good 'No 8'  for the eagles

1 hour ago, Richard Weston said:

Sheffield 

Remember that now... a reserve with damien koppe I believe... must have been around longer than I remember

45 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Ignore my ramblings Richard - just seen he rode for them 15 times in 2013 with an ave of 2.4

Welcome back Jake!

I couldn't remember which year but I am also a King's Lynn fan, so have followed Jake's career even though I live south of the Thames.

2 hours ago, mmmmethanol said:

Welcome back Jake!

I didn’t realise Knight was so ‘bad’ at second tier level. 

14 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

It was 8 years ago though to be fair

27 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

12 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

It was 8 years ago though to be fair

Also 8 years ago the second tier level was probably as high as the Premiership will be this year, maybe even higher.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Also 8 years ago the second tier level was probably as high as the Premiership will be this year, maybe even higher.

Other starting 3 pointers that season included Jacobs, Blackbird, Kerr, Ellis, Nielsen, Morris and Bates so strong reserves although there seems no reason why Knight couldn't have achieved the similar levels as those listed have achieved? 

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Other starting 3 pointers that season included Jacobs, Blackbird, Kerr, Ellis, Nielsen, Morris and Bates so strong reserves although there seems no reason why Knight couldn't have achieved the similar levels as those listed have achieved? 

Perhaps money. 

One thing we do know is that Jake Knight will bring dash, excitement to the Seagulls NDL outfit. His big advantage over most is that he entertains -- sadly, he sometimes falls off but that is probably the price to pay. I saw him at Plymouth last September and wow, wow, wow - breathtaking (perhaps even frightening to watch). 

What Jake Knight understands is that speedway is in the entertainment business. And good for him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TwoFourSpeed said:

Best news ever! Great to have him back at Arlington. They will have to put a bit more shale on to hold him up. 

I take it when Drew is on international duty (like the European U19s), they can use Jake in the Championship team also as a guest as a replacement?

8 hours ago, gazzac said:

I was thinking that if the rules allow .

Jake fits the criteria for a grade 2 "rising star" so should be able to cover either reserve during the season!

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Jake fits the criteria for a grade 2 "rising star" so should be able to cover either reserve during the season!

Will he now get invited onto the list?

36 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Will he now get invited onto the list?

He should be otherwise we have a closed shop and that cannot be the intention of bspl with this scheme 

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I reckon Adam Extance on a 5.67 ave wouldn't be a bad signing for the Seagulls!

Didn't Eastbourne try extance before but let him go before the season started due to his knee problems?