British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2021

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Didn't Eastbourne try extance before but let him go before the season started due to his knee problems?

I believe so, had an improved season with Plymouth till injuring himself again, now had 18 months to recover!

Edited by szkocjasid

On 2/27/2021 at 12:42 PM, eaglesno1 said:

Mildenhall have replaced Kinsley with Jenkins and if they switch Marson and Ablitt with two 3.00 riders their team total would come to 34.99 so they wouldn't have to lose Edwards.

Kelsey has confirmed on Facebook that he has a team spot somewhere and was looking for a personal trainer for the 2021 season in the Sussex area. When Jake rode for Eastbourne in the 3 team tournament at Plymouth last season the new management were very impressed and said they were keen to include him in future plans if the opportunity arose.

if kelsey is looking for a trainer then lewis bridger would maintain the eastbourne connection .

23 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I believe so, had an improved season with Plymouth till injuring himself again, now had 18 months to recover!

i believe it was more adams decision , he didn't think his knee felt up to it after a pre-season practice. 

Conor King for the new Seagulls??? Used him at Plymouth, so must be on the radar.

Looks like Richard Andrews is on his way back to Eastbourne................and I predict Henry Atkins, Danno Verge and Nathan Ablitt won’t be far behind.

5 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Looks like Richard Andrews is on his way back to Eastbourne................and I predict Henry Atkins, Danno Verge and Nathan Ablitt won’t be far behind.

Andrews looks good value in a weakened league and should be a nice swan song season for him. Atkins & Verge won't fit even with 3 x 3 pointers to complete the team. Atkins would be the better choice but there will be CL fixtures to work around which Eastbourne historically have tried to avoid. 

Was there not a youngster called Sonney Springer ? riding second halves and looked promising

a few years back and could be 15 now and a 3.00 possibility.

35 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Was there not a youngster called Sonney Springer ? riding second halves and looked promising

a few years back and could be 15 now and a 3.00 possibility.

Bit of a wait he's still only 12. And rode in 125cc British Youth Champs last season and won his class

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 11:03 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Andrews looks good value in a weakened league and should be a nice swan song season for him. Atkins & Verge won't fit even with 3 x 3 pointers to complete the team. Atkins would be the better choice but there will be CL fixtures to work around which Eastbourne historically have tried to avoid. 

If Eastbourne sign Atkins there will be three clashes of dates, 27th June , 15th and 28th August, the latter involving two fixtures. In the meantime, Ablitt becomes the third seagull.

Edited by tocha

No great surprise that Ablitt signs but still a very potent reserve? especially this season. Hopefully the extra time to mature and develop will have helped him as he was slightly rash and in a hurry when at Kent. Also nice to see the Thurrock hammers stepping up to be NDL sponsors rather than just the MSDL side although i fear that is largely because the writing is on the wall for the demise of the latter. The big interest will be who the other 2 x 3.00ers are? If both have less league experience than Ablitt then he will be forced into the main body of the team and the initial threat nullified.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

No great surprise that Ablitt signs but still a very potent reserve? especially this season. Hopefully the extra time to mature and develop will have helped him as he was slightly rash and in a hurry when at Kent. Also nice to see the Thurrock hammers stepping up to be NDL sponsors rather than just the MSDL side although i fear that is largely because the writing is on the wall for the demise of the latter. The big interest will be who the other 2 x 3.00ers are? If both have less league experience than Ablitt then he will be forced into the main body of the team and the initial threat nullified.

Website story says Ablitt will start at reserve.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Website story says Ablitt will start at reserve.

Interesting.....which means either from the remaining signings only 1 can be a 3.00 rider or if multiple 3.00 riders then at least one has more experience than Ablitt or the website is wrong. 

24 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Interesting.....which means either from the remaining signings only 1 can be a 3.00 rider or if multiple 3.00 riders then at least one has more experience than Ablitt or the website is wrong. 

Website is normally bang on with Eastie, so can only think it's a more experienced rider, or as you say only one other 3 pointer, gives us something to ponder on.

Edited by gazzac

5 minutes ago, gazzac said:

Website is normally bang on with Eastie, so can only think it's a more experienced rider, or as you say only one other 3 pointer, gives us something to ponder on.

Certainly does. Especially when he was signed back in August so either the lowered points limit was widely known then or Eastbourne were determined to enter a team no matter the cost. Personally i can't see it being the latter and the former just adds fuel to the whole shady business that happened behind the scenes. 

I thought i had cracked the final two riders but was non the wiser about the outstanding 3 pointer(s) and now its blown my theories wide open.

13 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Certainly does. Especially when he was signed back in August so either the lowered points limit was widely known then or Eastbourne were determined to enter a team no matter the cost. Personally i can't see it being the latter and the former just adds fuel to the whole shady business that happened behind the scenes. 

I thought i had cracked the final two riders but was non the wiser about the outstanding 3 pointer(s) and now its blown my theories wide open.

I think when they signed Ablitt in August last year it was about adding to the asset base and not with an NDL team in mind. He lives within earshot of Arlington so makes sense he rides there.

Fans love to see a local lad riding, remember David Norris and, of course, now Edward Kennett also come from the doorstep of Arlington.

Don't forget Ablitt was signed up for Mildenhall, as was stated in the Star last week.

Eastbourne very much want to grow their own team so MSDL>>>NDL>>Championship teams. There is something for a rider to aspire to if you have a structure like that. It also gives continuity and hopefully means over time the Eagles won't be paying out for loan fees etc.

You know it makes sense!