Jake Knight 8.83
Chad Wirtzfeld 3.81
Richard Andrews 6.55
Connor King 3.67
Henry Atkins 5.86
Eli Meadows/Nick Laurence 3.00
Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Total: 34.72

Nick Laurence has ridden for Reading/Seagulls in the past around Arlington and would be a more experienced option if people truly believe that Eli needs another season in the M+SDL before moving up to NL, bearing in mind the likes of Josh Warren have a team place!! I am aware that people have said that Chad isn't doing speedway anymore to focus on grasstrack or whatever else he does, but was that before he knew Eastbourne were going to be in the league? Could be a massive season for him, especially if he's in a team like this...

Speaking of which, is there any news on the M+SDL and NJL actually running next year? Would be a massive blow if them leagues were lost considering we meant to be focussing on developing British talents more and this is the entry level league in this country...

12 minutes ago, Dandelion said:
Jake Knight 8.83
Chad Wirtzfeld 3.81
Richard Andrews 6.55
Connor King 3.67
Henry Atkins 5.86
Eli Meadows/Nick Laurence 3.00
Nathan Ablitt 3.00

Total: 34.72

Nick Laurence has ridden for Reading/Seagulls in the past around Arlington and would be a more experienced option if people truly believe that Eli needs another season in the M+SDL before moving up to NL, bearing in mind the likes of Josh Warren have a team place!! I am aware that people have said that Chad isn't doing speedway anymore to focus on grasstrack or whatever else he does, but was that before he knew Eastbourne were going to be in the league? Could be a massive season for him, especially if he's in a team like this...

Speaking of which, is there any news on the M+SDL and NJL actually running next year? Would be a massive blow if them leagues were lost considering we meant to be focussing on developing British talents more and this is the entry level league in this country...

Nick Laurence has been around for years. He must be about 30 now, and can still only muster a 3 point average. Even that flatters him. A nice enough bloke, but frankly I think he will struggle to even reach his starting average let alone improve in it. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, E I Addio said:

Nick Laurence has been around for years. He must be about 30 now, and can still only muster a 3 point average. Even that flatters him. A nice enough bloke, but frankly I think he will struggle to even reach his starting average let alone improve in it. 

I agree, which is why I'd rather see Eli... But at least Nick has experience and has seen all/most the tracks, might not improve very much, and isn't a prospect, but he's somebody... Maybe tide over until Vinnie Foord turns 15? Would feel better replacing Nick with Vinny rather than young Eli

Also, James Laker MUST be in with a shout somewhere surely? And does William O'Keefe still ride? Always wondered why he never got much opportunity, does he not want them or does no one come knocking?

6 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

No great surprise that Ablitt signs but still a very potent reserve? especially this season. Hopefully the extra time to mature and develop will have helped him as he was slightly rash and in a hurry when at Kent. Also nice to see the Thurrock hammers stepping up to be NDL sponsors rather than just the MSDL side although i fear that is largely because the writing is on the wall for the demise of the latter. The big interest will be who the other 2 x 3.00ers are? If both have less league experience than Ablitt then he will be forced into the main body of the team and the initial threat nullified.

When 2 riders were on the same average previously then the rider who’s previous average was higher was declared higher in the team. However if both riders have an assessed average (like 2 3.00 men) then the club could choose which way round to put them initially. Unless this has changed for 2021. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Yes, the NJL is most certainly running a full programme, and has published the competing teams, and the format -- which this season adds 250cc racers to the mix -- a while ago.     

I have no knowledge of what the MDL and/or SDL are planning.

4 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I agree, which is why I'd rather see Eli... But at least Nick has experience and has seen all/most the tracks, might not improve very much, and isn't a prospect, but he's somebody... Maybe tide over until Vinnie Foord turns 15? Would feel better replacing Nick with Vinny rather than young Eli

Also, James Laker MUST be in with a shout somewhere surely? And does William O'Keefe still ride? Always wondered why he never got much opportunity, does he not want them or does no one come knocking?

Judging by how annoyed (rightly so) Laker was at missing out on a Kent place to Warren id say he has been overlooked every where. Meadows is way behind plenty of other MDL level riders but no league and youth obsession will likely see him in. My suspicions are that only 1 of the next signings will be well received.....

11 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Yes, the NJL is most certainly running a full programme, and has published the competing teams, and the format -- which this season adds 250cc racers to the mix -- a while ago.     

I have no knowledge of what the MDL and/or SDL are planning.

Laurence Rogers has said that Birmingham will be running a MDL team this year, so I presume that it will go ahead.

12 minutes ago, *JJ said:

Laurence Rogers has said that Birmingham will be running a MDL team this year, so I presume that it will go ahead.

Slightly surprised as i thought the Birmingham Bulls had jumped ship to the NJL trophy? I can see a selection of challenges happening but with no ghost teams, no IOW and no support from the BSPL who else is going to enter a side?

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Slightly surprised as i thought the Birmingham Bulls had jumped ship to the NJL trophy? I can see a selection of challenges happening but with no ghost teams, no IOW and no support from the BSPL who else is going to enter a side?

not jumped ships . Doing the NJL Shield with Redcar and Berwick to trial using all three cc classes over 9 heats . Did apply to do NJL as well as MSDL --with work going on to sort this league at moment . Birmingham will run 2nd halves every meeting .

• Thanks 1

Hats off to Eastbourne £10 for the NDL standalone meetings has the price point at this level nailed. I hope the Kent look to follow suit with the reductions. Open and honest about the double header price too, more than some clubs but its not every week so people can pick and choose as they wish. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Speedway fan said:

not jumped ships . Doing the NJL Shield with Redcar and Berwick to trial using all three cc classes over 9 heats . Did apply to do NJL as well as MSDL --with work going on to sort this league at moment . Birmingham will run 2nd halves every meeting .

Birmingham will be lucky to get all the races in before the cut off time. 

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Hats off to Eastbourne £10 for the NDL standalone meetings has the price point at this level nailed. I hope the Kent look to follow suit with the reductions. Open and honest about the double header price too, more than some clubs but its not every week so people can pick and choose as they wish. 

I think that ship has sailed. All of the Eastbourne NL fixtures are now double headers. I'm not too keen, if I'm honest.

38 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

I think that ship has sailed. All of the Eastbourne NL fixtures are now double headers. I'm not too keen, if I'm honest.

Thats a shame, nice to have the various options. Double headers (when they go the distance) can make for a good entertaining evening but equally they can also end up being a drawn out freezing cold affair with the Arlington micro climate