British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2021

The details are in this article from the Eastbourne Herald  :-

https://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/sport/motorcycling/devastated-and-despondent-efforts-to-get-speedway-on-at-eastbourne-are-dashed-2985285

11 hours ago, E I Addio said:

I have I missed something with Jon Cook ? What has happened to him ?

Fell down a whole hopefully. very dismissive of lower tier racing and his snobbery wasn't shared by many supporters of racing at lower levels

Henry Atkins says watch his FB on Tuesday for some big news so it looks like the forecasters were right.

It would just leave a 3.00 pointer to come.

10 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Henry Atkins says watch his FB on Tuesday for some big news so it looks like the forecasters were right.

Seagulls to announce 2 riders in 2 days? Yet to do that so far... Or are they just announcing them when they sign them... Really hope that Henry is at Eastbourne, a club I respect greatly signing a rider I love :D They're going to be VERY strong next year... This is how I predict their average will end up too, if they all have a brilliant season, all more than capable... What a team

1. Jake Knight 8.83 - 9.00-9.50

2. Chad Wirtzfeld 3.81 - 4.50-5.00

3. Richard Andrews 6.55 7.00-7.50

4. Connor King 3.67 4.50-5.00

5. Henry Atkins 5.86 7.50-8.50

6. 3.28 Left (Vinnie Foord once he comes of age? Just need a cheap 'gap filler' until then)

7. Nathan Ablitt 3.00 4.00-4.50

I know he's already been signed up, but if Jamie Bursill could have finished that team off with a 3.13, the title wouldn't have even been a question (Probably isn't now, even with a 0.00 average rider)

14 minutes ago, Hunters said:

Atkins on 5.86 would be too high unless Knight has picked up a reduction? I fear the excitement levels of these signing could be on the verge of changing direction with the final two.

18 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Atkins on 5.86 would be too high unless Knight has picked up a reduction? I fear the excitement levels of these signing could be on the verge of changing direction with the final two.

No it wouldn't.

Assuming the last signing is a 3.00, Eastbourne have 6.14 left, so Atkins on 5.86 fits fine without any reductions.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PotteringAround said:

No it wouldn't.

Assuming the last signing is a 3.00, Eastbourne have 6.14 left, so Atkins on 5.86 fits fine without any reductions.

Spot on. very much my fault for trusting the numbers in the signed teams section. Still doesn't mean i think it will be Atkins though....

33 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Spot on. very much my fault for trusting the numbers in the signed teams section. Still doesn't mean i think it will be Atkins though....

Well it's either Eastbourne or Belle Vue for Henry... Hope it's Eastbourne, but I guess that Belle Vue is a big enough team to take a name like his up north... Be interesting to see who Belle Vue sign... Not a lot of options around for them... JPB would be nice to see return...

Eastie and Plymouth have had quite a good working relationship over the last few seasons, at one point Ian Jordon had an input with Plymouth so can't believe Atkins isn't on his way, has been mentioned earlier, but wouldn't  be surprised if the last 3 pointer is Nick Lawrence, knows everyone at the club and with the teams this year definitely not a 0,0,0 rider.

On 3/12/2021 at 7:25 PM, cityrebel said:

Hopefully you are right, but planning to run seven double headers hasn't gone down well with the Arlington regulars i know. Being a 10 meeting ticket holder, i have the option to leave, if it's dragging on too long. 

Might be worth having a look at this-- gives some real detail on how Eastbourne will run these meetings. Good pragmatic solution in my view.

https://www.eastbourne-speedway.com/online-ticket-update/

Henry Atkins joins the Seagulls for 2021

44 minutes ago, M.D said:

Henry Atkins joins the Seagulls for 2021

Title won already... GET IN!!!

• Like 1

What was ethan spillers last NL average? And does he still qualify as british?