British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne 2021

47 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

What was ethan spillers last NL average? And does he still qualify as british?

and who knows.

Eastbourne Seagulls v Kent Royals  is now a standalone fixture at Arlington Stadium on Saturday, June 19 (7.30pm) + MSDL second-half. Adults and concessions: £10. Children (5-15): £5; Under 5s: Free.

Tickets launching soon.

Ten quid speedway. Eastbourne do it again.

Proud to be an Eastbourne Speedway supporter as the club is increasingly setting the standard.

Loads of news online and social media every week during the pandemic, social media is often every day. 

Four editions so far of a wonderful online FREE magazine, Flying High, and a fifth on the way.

Plenty of publicity for the club in the local media, both online, in print and on TV and radio.

Online ticketing facility already up and running with tickets for first two matches on sale.

Feels to me as if it is Eastbourne which is the pacesetter these days.

People says promoters should promote – well that's exactly what the Eastbourne management are doing. 

Well done.

• Like 5

Final signing seals the title for Eastbourne? Nick Laurence is a very solid reserve with the league strength this year and has plenty of laps around Arlington under his belt. In several teams he would be the strongest reserve so can't help thinking that Dugard opting for Newcastle and the IOW riders becoming available has really improved this team from the first draught.   

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Final signing seals the title for Eastbourne? Nick Laurence is a very solid reserve with the league strength this year and has plenty of laps around Arlington under his belt. In several teams he would be the strongest reserve so can't help thinking that Dugard opting for Newcastle and the IOW riders becoming available has really improved this team from the first draught.   

Final signing? Doesn't look like it from what it says on their website. If you read to the end of the story about Slick Nick it says:

"Stand by for more Seagulls NDL signing news later today and more NDL and MSDL Development Squad News in the next few days."

15 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Final signing? Doesn't look like it from what it says on their website. If you read to the end of the story about Slick Nick it says:

"Stand by for more Seagulls NDL signing news later today and more NDL and MSDL Development Squad News in the next few days."

NDL number 8 named perhaps otherwise its a team change before the season has even started? I know there was squad of intended riders for the 2nd halves to be announced and if there is some level of MSDL.  Perhaps it will be details of the riders who signed before the club changed direction?

I'm assuming its vinnie foord being announced as signing and will ride once he turns 15

What the Seagulls is going on??? Squad members to be announced. Since when did the squad system get brought in? Verge included to cover Atkins i assume while he is on CL duty?  Im actually for guests to not be signed to other teams but grabbing the monopoly on them  feels a little strange?

3 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

What the Seagulls is going on??? Squad members to be announced. Since when did the squad system get brought in? Verge included to cover Atkins i assume while he is on CL duty?  Im actually for guests to not be signed to other teams but grabbing the monopoly on them  feels a little strange?

Eastbourne Seagulls, sponsored by Dyson :)

Means Verge will definitely get rides this season which is no bad thing. 

I did read the NDL was cracking down on the use of guests and it looks like Eastbourne are getting ready.

Rather one of your own than a guest, I say.

18 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

Eastbourne Seagulls, sponsored by Dyson :)

Means Verge will definitely get rides this season which is no bad thing. 

I did read the NDL was cracking down on the use of guests and it looks like Eastbourne are getting ready.

Rather one of your own than a guest, I say.

How many rides will he get though? So there’s a squad system that nobody has told us about!

All seems very strange. Also in his role as second half mentor he will be travelling over for the CL only meetings to take part in a 4 heat (2 rides each?) event after the main meeting. That sort of event makes sense for Ablitt & Laurence but seems a heck of a travel for Verge.

2 hours ago, Islander15 said:

How many rides will he get though? So there’s a squad system that nobody has told us about!

Can’t wait to see how this plays out