British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
W9 Lion

Leicester Lion Cubs 2021

So Ben Trigger is the younger model that’s replaced Chattin. Harsh on Chattin but I understand this move more than I initially did as Trigger would’ve been 14 last season so ineligible but turns 15 for this season. Had things have been normal then Trigger would be in for this season anyway. Tough on Chattin and I hope he gets fixed up somewhere else and tbf enough other teams must need 3.00 reserves with the awfully low points limit. 

13 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

So Ben Trigger is the younger model that’s replaced Chattin. Harsh on Chattin but I understand this move more than I initially did as Trigger would’ve been 14 last season so ineligible but turns 15 for this season. Had things have been normal then Trigger would be in for this season anyway. Tough on Chattin and I hope he gets fixed up somewhere else and tbf enough other teams must need 3.00 reserves with the awfully low points limit. 

Very harsh on Chattin. Not seen any evidence that Trigger is ready to make the jump from 125's to 500's both physically and mentally but i hope he proves me wrong. A lot fresh riders into the league this year and those who looked to be ready for improvement are being pushed aside, Chattin will have to be patient in case a mid season place opens up but at 22 is he really considered over the hill now.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Very harsh on Chattin. Not seen any evidence that Trigger is ready to make the jump from 125's to 500's both physically and mentally but i hope he proves me wrong. A lot fresh riders into the league this year and those who looked to be ready for improvement are being pushed aside, Chattin will have to be patient in case a mid season place opens up but at 22 is he really considered over the hill now.

Of course Chattin shouldn’t be, but there’s an obsession lately at only prioritising kids and that every rider should be on an upward curve. No, we should support all British riders that are willing to ride and commit to a full league campaign. 

• Thanks 1

Both Ben Trigger and James Chattin were regulars at Leicester open practice sessions in 2020 which gave the promotion to look at both riders.

Chattin did seem to struggle with the Leicester track at times both in his guest appearances and when I have seen him at practice with a few big crashes. But he is a lovely guy so I am sure that he will get another team place 

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2021 at 6:55 PM, Sings4Speedway said:

Nasty rumour circulating that Chattin has been released as the Cubs want a younger reserve!  The obsession with young riders is bordering on disturbing.

aviary-image-1614298771439.jpeg

I have looked at James results and in 18 his average was less than 1 and 19 it was around 2 so personally I can see why a club would give Ben a chance. I'm still quite shocked that it was Ben and not Mickie Simpson 

1 hour ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

I have looked at James results and in 18 his average was less than 1 and 19 it was around 2 so personally I can see why a club would give Ben a chance. I'm still quite shocked that it was Ben and not Mickie Simpson 

With respect to James and many similar in his position in 2018 he got 11 meetings and 2019 he got 10 meetings all as a guest so whilst there were chances to impress its not fair to judge solely on his average as that is often inflated by home form for most riders and he didn't really have any meaningful home run of fixtures. That said his record at Leicester isn't great although against a strong side last year so whilst i still believe he deserved a chance somewhere perhaps Leicester wasn't the best fit. If he was released because a better option became available that's fair enough but to be told that we are opting for someone younger isn't on.

im not sure whether it is an age thing or not but to me it seems like a straight swap on potential points scoring ability and like you say Leicester probably wasnt the best fit.  problem is with the late changes it was always going to leave some riders high and dry

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

im not sure whether it is an age thing or not but to me it seems like a straight swap on potential points scoring ability and like you say Leicester probably wasnt the best fit.  problem is with the late changes it was always going to leave some riders high and dry

On reflection it probably was a fair swap based upon performances at Leicester and was just a clumsy way of releasing the rider rather than being open and honest. 

I'm sure the Leicester promotion for rate Chattin & thought Trigger would be better, but to save face etc. used the "bringing on youngsters" excuse! While this may sound kinder than announcing they have no faith in Chattin's ability - they've publicly admitted to age discrimination!

• Like 1

So while Leicester are championing age discrimination why just stop at riders! Sack Stuart Dickson & sign a younger team manager, tell Rob Sensicall even though he's a great announcer he's being dropped for son Tom! Is Nigel Pearson they're press officer, cause he's no spring chicken, why not sack him for someone younger too?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

So while Leicester are championing age discrimination why just stop at riders! Sack Stuart Dickson & sign a younger team manager, tell Rob Sensicall even though he's a great announcer he's being dropped for son Tom! Is Nigel Pearson they're press officer, cause he's no spring chicken, why not sack him for someone younger too?

Oh come on. Let's go the whole hog and get rid of the existing fans and replace them with their grandkids.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, False dawn said:

Oh come on. Let's go the whole hog and get rid of the existing fans and replace them with their grandkids.

I forgot about them lol!

9 hours ago, False dawn said:

1 minute ago, szkocjasid said:

I forgot about them lol!

All part of the BSPL master plan. Stadiums full of kids hanging with thier mates, all in caps and holding skateboards tweeting how "cool" speedway and the awesome influencers who run it are.....

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I'm sure the Leicester promotion for rate Chattin & thought Trigger would be better, but to save face etc. used the "bringing on youngsters" excuse! While this may sound kinder than announcing they have no faith in Chattin's ability - they've publicly admitted to age discrimination!

So why sign him in the 1st place or even pledge to track the same Team. I saw this coming when I saw these ‘commitments’ not just NL sides but senior leagues too. A  year is a long time particularly during a global pandemic. That’s why I never bought the kids Xmas presents too early as you can guarantee there would be a new more exciting toy released just when you’d finished your Xmas shopping !!