British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
W9 Lion

Leicester Lion Cubs 2021

1 hour ago, TMW said:

So why sign him in the 1st place or even pledge to track the same Team. I saw this coming when I saw these ‘commitments’ not just NL sides but senior leagues too. A  year is a long time particularly during a global pandemic. That’s why I never bought the kids Xmas presents too early as you can guarantee there would be a new more exciting toy released just when you’d finished your Xmas shopping !! 

Your comments on this thread are ironic since Leicester did keep the same 7 senior riders for their Champonship team until they couldn't agree terms with Ellis Perks 

8 hours ago, False dawn said:

Your comments on this thread are ironic since Leicester did keep the same 7 senior riders for their Champonship team until they couldn't agree terms with Ellis Perks 

I did say senior ‘leagues’ as a few senior teams have had to make changes. I couldn’t understand why they made such commitments !! No irony intended 

Jamie Halder it is then :t:

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 9:41 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

All part of the BSPL master plan. Stadiums full of kids hanging with thier mates, all in caps and holding skateboards tweeting how "cool" speedway and the awesome influencers who run it are.....

Innit...

Taking a look at the NL side for the cubs & I am fearful. 

The team Dave Howard has built doesn’t look strong enough & I fear he might not be walking on water this season .

Edited by Lionspride
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lionspride said:

Taking a look at the NL side for the cubs & I am fearful. 

The team Dave Howard has built doesn’t look strong enough & I fear he might not be walking on water this season .

Non of the teams built look strong enough but thats the rules. The cubs have 3 genuine heat leaders which is more than some teams. The Thompsons are likely to put 3+ points each on their averages. Halder is another likely strong improver and if Spencer returns its a top 5 all with season experience under their belt. The reserves are probably middle of the road from the newbies so as long as they can score ok at home and pick up pieces away i think this team will be in the hunt.

• Thanks 1

Tom Spencer complete’s the cubs team . 

Although the strength of the league is a-lot weaker it will be good to see some up & coming rider’s race in an organised team event.

I standby my view that they are not strong enough but look forward to supporting them i just hope they don’t try to charge £13 for racing at this level.

One comment on the website made me think 

Did the messiah & NDL guru Dave Howard build the team or was he given the team by the promotion ?

“ I’m sure they will all improve over the season, and now it’s up to Dave Howard (manager) as to how he arranges the team “

Surely if Dave built the team he would build it knowing who he wants in which riding number ? I just found it to be a very strange comment .

1 hour ago, Lionspride said:

Tom Spencer complete’s the cubs team . 

Although the strength of the league is a-lot weaker it will be good to see some up & coming rider’s race in an organised team event.

I standby my view that they are not strong enough but look forward to supporting them i just hope they don’t try to charge £13 for racing at this level.

One comment on the website made me think 

Did the messiah & NDL guru Dave Howard build the team or was he given the team by the promotion ?

“ I’m sure they will all improve over the season, and now it’s up to Dave Howard (manager) as to how he arranges the team “

Surely if Dave built the team he would build it knowing who he wants in which riding number ? I just found it to be a very strange comment .

I think it’s actually a very strong team. You honestly have to bear in mind how weak the league is this year! Lots of teams have 3 or 4 3pt riders but the Cubs only have 2 and they’re both at reserve. The second strings should beat all the other 3pt riders and hold their own in general at home, especially Halder who must’ve done hundreds of laps around Beaumont Park by now. Then there’s a proper heat leader trio. Lawlor looks as good as most in the league, maybe not upto a Clegg or Greaves standard, but he will regularly win races home and away. Then the Thompson twins are riders who should definitely put good points on their average. I imagine they’ll ride like genuine heat leaders at home and do pretty well away. Also remember they’re two of the few riders who can argue that they had a near normal season last year, so that should put them ahead in terms of development. If the play-offs existed, I’d have this team in my top 4.

• Like 1

I think this Lions team is one of two that could trouble Eastbourne for both the league and at Arlington. As stated Lawlor may not be the hottest number 1 in the league but when applied he can mix it with many of them. The Thompsons re on false averages and are going to be getting loads of track time at a higher level which will only bring them on. The weakness is that neither reserve is proven at this level and with a few teams built to always have at least one strong rider at 7 unless one really kicks on i think that is where the difference between 1st and more likely 3rd occurs.

20 minutes ago, Lionspride said:

Cubs have lost Halder , broken ankle in a fall at home

Heck of a fall to break it in 3 places. Desperately unlucky on both rider and club as he looked a real value signing this season. Very little about in the 4.5-5 ish averaged riders still available, i would think Scott Campos could almost name his price at this point.

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Heck of a fall to break it in 3 places. Desperately unlucky on both rider and club as he looked a real value signing this season. Very little about in the 4.5-5 ish averaged riders still available, i would think Scott Campos could almost name his price at this point.

Or they could go with the ‘new dawn’ and give another 3 pointer a chance. 

• Haha 1

Would be incredibly harsh but they could drop Tom Spencer and bring in Alex Spooner and Mickie Simpson

Not saying they will... just throwing all the possibilities out there for fun