British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
W9 Lion

Leicester Lion Cubs 2021

Personally hope Mickie Simpson gets a chance probably best of the never tried riders without a team place

• Like 1

I have a feeling that Chris Widman has retired to concentrate on his Butchers business and personally I am not sure about Mickie Simpson from what I have seen in British Youth series he seems to crash a lot and also his equipment looks like needs investment although he is quite an accomplished Grasstrack rider

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, flagrag said:

I have a feeling that Chris Widman has retired to concentrate on his Butchers business and personally I am not sure about Mickie Simpson from what I have seen in British Youth series he seems to crash a lot and also his equipment looks like needs investment although he is quite an accomplished Grasstrack rider

He hasn’t retired just taking a sabbatical. 2019 was very stressful on our family. No less thanks to people who slated my family on here relentlessly. 

5 hours ago, TMW said:

He hasn’t retired just taking a sabbatical. 2019 was very stressful on our family. No less thanks to people who slated my family on here relentlessly. 

Thank You for clearing that up Mrs Widman, So do you think that his mind may be changed about 2021 if it was at his local club ? ( Maybe he could do a double signing and ride for the Cubs and  supply the burgers & sausages that currently taste like cardboard)  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I’m hearing that the Cubs are to run with R/R for Halder for 28 days, ( I’ve been told this by a rider who has NDL experience from 2019 and is still looking for a place ) then so much for helping the youth as there’s still lads available that ( like my contact ) would jump at a place to show their ability.

Poor decision by the club and governing body.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

I’m hearing that the Cubs are to run with R/R for Halder for 28 days, ( I’ve been told this by a rider who has NDL experience from 2019 and is still looking for a place ) then so much for helping the youth as there’s still lads available that ( like my contact ) would jump at a place to show their ability.

I could be very wrong but, if he hasn't rode an official match for the club, you can't use r/r.

Please correct me if I am wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Petecc said:

I could be very wrong but, if he hasn't rode an official match for the club, you can't use r/r.

Please correct me if I am wrong. 

I believe you are correct in your statement.

However at the express decision of the BSPL a facility can be used for a 28 day period. When that period starts or finishes can be adjusted depending how far up the food chain you are.

I understand Coty Garcia is stuck in Argentina as they are in lockdown so Berwick will also have a facility

Whilst ‘ established ‘ riders of Garcia’s standard may be harder to replace I still think R/R should not even be allowed in the NDL especially considering the outcry regarding riders being put out of teams due to the new lower points limit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Technik said:

However at the express decision of the BSPL a facility can be used for a 28 day period. When that period starts or finishes can be adjusted depending how far up the food chain you are.

I understand Coty Garcia is stuck in Argentina as they are in lockdown so Berwick will also have a facility

Hardly the same situation. There are riders out there ready to ride in place of Jamie.

5 hours ago, Technik said:

There are hardly words !! 

6 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

They’ll argue it gives their existing riders more track time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Great Central said:

Hardly the same situation. There are riders out there ready to ride in place of Jamie.

Reminds of the rule” in the best interests of the sport”.:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Forgive my flippancy but aren’t they one of the same 

• Haha 2