British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
W9 Lion

Leicester Lion Cubs 2021

14 hours ago, flagrag said:

It’s interesting that many fans think there is loads of riders on 4-5pt averages in NDL available, there simply isn’t and below that most unattached riders are not up to NDL standard . Leicester have looked at many options including trying to convince riders out of retirement, others have grasstrack commitments and some can’t commit to getting time off work for midweek meetings 

As stated in my original post Leicester are already having to use a guest until little Ben Trigger turns 15 and the other reserve has no experience of league racing.

What is NDL standard! .You could say there are a number of riders not up the NDL standard if there was one.It’s a Development league:rolleyes:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

You mean just as Leicester "haven't"?

Leicester haven't followed the rules and plugged the gap.  They've cheated and are illegally using the R/R facility.  

The NDL should put someone in place to police the rules and guard against such cheating.   They could call him "NDL co-ordinator" or something like that.  

I don't know why people are getting so wound up by all this cheating? It is being done to bring on the youth and "for the good of the sport". 

Martin Widman Wight Warriors

• Like 2

16 hours ago, mac101 said:

they did it in 2019 after jamie broke his collarbone first race first corner 

That was a legitimate decision. This clearly isn't. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, flagrag said:

Leicester had actually agreed terms with another rider but he has now broken his hand practicing so no replacement could be found for the start of the season, Leicester are also unable to use Ben Trigger for the first couple of meetings as he doesn’t turn 15 until the end of May

I have a list of riders experienced in NL racing who could step in to hole created by the loss of Jamie Halder so please don't say there is no replacement available,  

Martin Widman

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Great Central said:

I have a list of riders experienced in NL racing who could step in to hole created by the loss of Jamie Halder so please don't say there is no replacement available,  

Martin Widman

So has the NDL coordinator

• Like 2

Old man Chattin guests for his replacement who is too young to compete in the first fixture....you can't make this stuff up

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Old man Chattin guests for his replacement who is too young to compete in the first fixture....you can't make this stuff up

Been there before got the T-shirt 

• Like 1

And these signings and facilities are all sanctioned by the same BSPL that berated and threatened SDL & MSDL teams for occasionally needing to use r/r, because it made the sport look bad...

• Like 1

Announced tonight that name of new rider will be revealed in the Star tomorrow. 

Didnt think the new track lights were any different to the old ones!

41 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

They are not new, they were just realigned and cleaned and that came direct from the electrician.

On 5/17/2021 at 3:54 PM, skydog said:

And these signings and facilities are all sanctioned by the same BSPL that berated and threatened SDL & MSDL teams for occasionally needing to use r/r, because it made the sport look bad...

Yes, and quite rightly too...

As it's their job, and their job alone, to make the sport look bad... :D

• Like 3

On 5/16/2021 at 3:17 PM, Great Central said:

I don't know why people are getting so wound up by all this cheating? It is being done to bring on the youth and "for the good of the sport". 

Martin Widman Wight Warriors

The thing that surprises me here is that people actually seemed to be surprised by rule fiddling, cheating and general bunkum authorised by the BSPL. 

They have, after all, been doing it season after season for decades so we should be entirely used to it.

'Bring on the youth'. By my rough calculation, around one third of those named in NDL teams would not qualify to take part in the league under the conditions indicated in Speedy Star by Jason Pipe.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

When was that announced ? I didn’t hear anything & David Howard said before the meeting they will use the facility for the full 28 days then look at their options .

I must say Ben Trigger looked neat & composed on a bike last night . 

Mickie Simpson is the new signing and he will come into the side as soon as he has recovered from a current wrist injury.

16 hours ago, Elmo said:

They are not new, they were just realigned and cleaned and that came direct from the electrician.

Well it's made no difference. It must be a nightmare  for the riders and those near me in the stand were all complaining that they could not see well enough.