British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
W9 Lion

Leicester Lion Cubs 2021

1 hour ago, Barrow Boy 2 said:

Well it's made no difference. It must be a nightmare  for the riders and those near me in the stand were all complaining that they could not see well enough.

I agree it ain’t great for the spectators but an upgrade isn’t cheap apparently. Just need someone to win the lottery I suppose.

19 hours ago, Elmo said:

They are not new, they were just realigned and cleaned and that came direct from the electrician.

I can assure you that some of the bulbs have been replaced with higher rated ones as well as other ones being cleaned and realigned to be more on the track. The light levels were measured before and after with a lux meter and there was some definite improvement 

37 minutes ago, flagrag said:

I can assure you that some of the bulbs have been replaced with higher rated ones as well as other ones being cleaned and realigned to be more on the track. The light levels were measured before and after with a lux meter and there was some definite improvement 

A slight improvement on the track I was told by someone involved.

16 hours ago, flagrag said:

Pardon the pun but I just don't see it. The lights are doing no good whatsoever. There are not enough of them and some of them are much too high to be of any use.

Are we poaching rider’s from other clubs or are we just saying these riders are assets?

Ben Trigger is former mascot of Plymouth & Mickie Simpson a former Mascot of Peterborough both their home town clubs & were lined up to sign deals with them but suddenly they are Leicester assets ? 

Not that I am complaining & its great for the future of our clubs when you look at our assets under the age of 18 

Dan , Joe , Ben Trigger, Mickie Simpson, Max James , Kai Ward & i hear 2 or 3 more have been offered deals from the training schools that have been running over the winter, Its credit to Stewart & Karen Hudson for getting the sessions on & spotting the talent :D

Edited by Lionspride

On 5/16/2021 at 12:39 PM, PotteringAround said:

You mean just as Leicester "haven't"?

Leicester haven't followed the rules and plugged the gap.  They've cheated and are illegally using the R/R facility.  

The NDL should put someone in place to police the rules and guard against such cheating.   They could call him "NDL co-ordinator" or something like that.  

RR facilities are granted by the rule makers themselves … being the SCB…. so it obviously is within the rules…. otherwise it would not have been granted

On 5/22/2021 at 12:07 PM, peckover said:

RR facilities are granted by the rule makers themselves … being the SCB…. so it obviously is within the rules…. otherwise it would not have been granted

Not in the rule book and the league co- ordinater was , allegedly, not consulted , the powers that be simply stated ‘ it is in the best interests of the sport ‘ which is the mafias get out clause for everything they want to do.

Edited by Ringitsneck
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Not in the rule book and the league co- ordinater was , allegedly, not consulted , the powers that be simply stated ‘ it is in the best interests of the sport ‘ which is the mafias get out clause for everything they want to do.

Why would they consult him ? He’s just there for fixtures and stuff. Although I imagine they’ll start calling on him when they can’t fill spaces because of the woefully low points limit 

9 minutes ago, TMW said:

Why would they consult him ? He’s just there for fixtures and stuff. Although I imagine they’ll start calling on him when they can’t fill spaces because of the woefully low points limit 

What's the point of a league coordinator he should be involved as make decisions

48 minutes ago, Binman said:

What's the point of a league coordinator he should be involved as make decisions

Because that’s what a ‘coordinator’ does they make sure things ‘come together’ with in a set of Parameters. They don’t decide ‘how things’ come together. That’s a higher pay grade if it was a paid role !   

Edited by TMW

34 minutes ago, TMW said:

Because that’s what a ‘coordinator’ does they make sure things ‘come together’ with in a set of Parameters. They don’t decide ‘how things’ come together. That’s a higher pay grade if it was a paid role !   

Parameters that's the one our league coordinator is more than capable of making any independent decisions

19 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

Yes it is in the Rule Book on the SCB Website

Rule 013.6 NDL Facilities (Supplementary Regulations v2 2021)

ii. A missing rider, 2 to 5 by MA, either RR or an unattached rider. 

------------------------

And if you look, there was RR used in the Premiership and Championship last week in 4 other Teams first meetings of the season too

Edited by peckover

On 5/24/2021 at 9:13 AM, peckover said:

Yes it is in the Rule Book on the SCB Website

Rule 013.6 NDL Facilities (Supplementary Regulations v2 2021)

ii. A missing rider, 2 to 5 by MA, either RR or an unattached rider. 

------------------------

And if you look, there was RR used in the Premiership and Championship last week in 4 other Teams first meetings of the season too

May aswell just throw the rule book out then, in the interests of the sport ! As if that rule can be broken then why not others. 

1 hour ago, TMW said:

May aswell just throw the rule book out then, in the interests of the sport ! As if that rule can be broken then why not others. 

.................but the point is, whether you like the rule or not, as that's the rule it ain't been broken at all................ as shown as granted to 5 teams for their first meetings

36 minutes ago, peckover said:

.................but the point is, whether you like the rule or not, as that's the rule it ain't been broken at all................ as shown as granted to 5 teams for their first meetings

RR is allowed but its "normally" not allowed when a rider hasn't ridden for that particular club otherwise a rider with no intention of riding could sign and then the team could utilise RR all season long. The rule has been broken its just been broken across multiple leagues....does that make it any better?

• Like 2