British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
W9 Lion

Leicester Lion Cubs 2021

23 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

good team that personally think max Perry will put a couple of points on to his average fairly quickly , with a mickie dropping down to reserve so will still Leave them strong at 6/7 

Of the new 3.00 riders, I can see Perry being the best. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Of the new 3.00 riders, I can see Perry being the best. 

Can only see 3 new riders coming in at the start and Max is head and shoulders above them at This moment 

• Like 1

As Dan Thompson achieved an average of over 5 in the championship last season (well done to the lad) - is he still eligible for NDL?

1 hour ago, ScunnyDan said:

As Dan Thompson achieved an average of over 5 in the championship last season (well done to the lad) - is he still eligible for NDL?

Conveniently the rule for CL averages over 4 has been dropped for the season ahead.....

58 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Conveniently the rule for CL averages over 4 has been dropped for the season ahead.....

Last year's rules (and previous) allowed for 1 rider over a 4.00 CL average, so Leicester would have been OK anyway.

4 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Can only see 3 new riders coming in at the start and Max is head and shoulders above them at This moment 

Who are the other 2?

2 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Who are the other 2?

Freddy Hodder is one for certain as signed for Belle vue not sure on the other but very few riders turning 15 or already 15 before start of season who haven't raced before

38 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Freddy Hodder is one for certain as signed for Belle vue not sure on the other but very few riders turning 15 or already 15 before start of season who haven't raced before

But does a rider have to be 15 to be a new rider? That daid i think you are right as points increase will largely see a re-hash of last years lineups.

14 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

But does a rider have to be 15 to be a new rider? That daid i think you are right as points increase will largely see a re-hash of last years lineups.

No you don't but haven't seen any riders of the expected level who haven't already ridden in the league 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

Mickie Simpson back!

It's shaping up to be a good side. Suspect that Leicester have done their business very early for both the Lions and the Cubs. I would imagine that running open and private practice days means that both sides are very attractive to inexperienced riders where they can get greater track time than at other clubs where there is limited opportunity to practice. Also it looks like the Gaffer is keeping to his promise to the Fans from a couple of years ago of developing the clubs asset base.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

It's shaping up to be a good side. Suspect that Leicester have done their business very early for both the Lions and the Cubs. I would imagine that running open and private practice days means that both sides are very attractive to inexperienced riders where they can get greater track time than at other clubs where there is limited opportunity to practice. Also it looks like the Gaffer is keeping to his promise to the Fans from a couple of years ago of developing the clubs asset base.

There still is a question though whether signing for a NL club does this make the rider an asset of that club or not especially when the rider is U16 like Ben Trigger,Max James and Max Perry 

I know there was some confusion last season with a couple of riders as the NL is considered non professional training league and previously riders like Charles Wright, Craig Cook when they rode NL they  only became an asset of a club when they rode CL or PL

• Like 1

9 hours ago, flagrag said:

There still is a question though whether signing for a NL club does this make the rider an asset of that club or not especially when the rider is U16 like Ben Trigger,Max James and Max Perry 

I know there was some confusion last season with a couple of riders as the NL is considered non professional training league and previously riders like Charles Wright, Craig Cook when they rode NL they  only became an asset of a club when they rode CL or PL

pretty sure NL clubs can’t have assets 

Did Kent have any assets last year then? I thought you needed a certain amount of assets to run, but if last year was their first in the CL, who did they sign as an asset? Could be, and probably am, talking a load of sh!te though

Does the Thompson twins, Jamie Halder and Max Perry fit as the last 4? I'm at work so can't do all the sums!!

1. Dan Thompson

2. Jamie Halder

3. Connor Coles

4. Tom Spencer

5. Joe Thompson

6. Mickie Simpson

7. Max Perry