British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
W9 Lion

Leicester Lion Cubs 2021

14 minutes ago, Diamonds85 said:

Did Kent have any assets last year then? I thought you needed a certain amount of assets to run, but if last year was their first in the CL, who did they sign as an asset? Could be, and probably am, talking a load of sh!te though

Does the Thompson twins, Jamie Halder and Max Perry fit as the last 4? I'm at work so can't do all the sums!!

1. Dan Thompson

2. Jamie Halder

3. Connor Coles

4. Tom Spencer

5. Joe Thompson

6. Mickie Simpson

7. Max Perry

This season Paul Starke, Jordan Jenkins (rode for Redcar/Mildy) and Dan Gilkes were Kent assets, I'm not sure if there were any others. 

I don't think any rider under 16 can be an asset of any club.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2021 at 7:41 PM, Diamonds85 said:
1 Dan Thompson 10.17
2 Mickie Simpson 3.62
3 Connor Coles 6.04
4 Tom Spencer 5.53
5 Joe Thompson 8.52
6 Vinnie Foord 3.00
7 Max Perry 3.00

1 Dan Thompson 10.17
2 Mickie Simpson 3.62
3 Sam Hagon 5.75
4 Tom Spencer 5.53
5 Joe Thompson 8.52
6 Vinnie Foord 3.00
7 Max Perry 3.00

Vinnie Foord announced this morning and with Dan Thompson being a cert you are doing ok with your first selection!

• Like 2

Though we knew it was happening, I'm still a bit surprised at the signing of Vinnie Foord.  He's not local to Leicester by any means, and I'm not sure the tricky bends of Beaumont Park will suit his "style"

2 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Though we knew it was happening, I'm still a bit surprised at the signing of Vinnie Foord.  He's not local to Leicester by any means, and I'm not sure the tricky bends of Beaumont Park will suit his "style"

Unfortunately for Foord all tracks have bends which doesn't suit his style :D he could have been "snapped up" by Leicester before others opened talks or closer Kent / Oxford weren't interested? Im yet to be  convinced he has the skill set required to make a successful and safe rider but i hope to be proven wrong.

22 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Unfortunately for Foord all tracks have bends which doesn't suit his style :D 

That's what I was trying to politely hint at.

Surprises me that Leicester couldn't find a 3 pointer of at least equal standard closer to the Midlands.

• Like 1

I understand it was the opportunity to ride at the Leicester practice sessions that convinced Vinnie and his dad to join Leicester for 2022. With regards to other riders on that low average Leicester will have two 3point reserves to start the season and there really isn’t many more that are up to NL standard yet 

From the clubs point of view I do remember Stewart Dickson seeing him ride at Leicester for Kent and being very impressed with his raw talent and hopefully with some guidance can become more settled if not the Air Fence repair company are going to have a busy year from Leicester meetings also it has to be remembered if he is found to be out of his depth then Max James becomes an option in July 

Edited by flagrag
  • Like 1

Can Max James not ride for the cubs until his July birthday when he’ll be 16? It’d be a shame not to see him in a team in 2022. 
Would Dan Thompson want another year in the cubs or should he just push on in the Lions and as #8 with Sheffield? 

1 hour ago, Dave1964 said:

Can Max James not ride for the cubs until his July birthday when he’ll be 16? It’d be a shame not to see him in a team in 2022. 
Would Dan Thompson want another year in the cubs or should he just push on in the Lions and as #8 with Sheffield? 

Think you will find max is 15 in July not 16 please do your home work ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Think you will find max is 15 in July not 16 please do your home work ...

Ahhhh! My bad! 

Will Foord become a full asset of Leicester? Was hoping he would be back at Eastbourne 2023 as a reserve as a eagle asset.