British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
W9 Lion

Leicester Lion Cubs 2021

1 hour ago, Jimsboy said:

Will Foord become a full asset of Leicester? Was hoping he would be back at Eastbourne 2023 as a reserve as a eagle asset. 

Think Eastbourne and assets are history now unfortunately after years of hard work.

15 hours ago, Happy Hunter said:

I will eat my Lion's cap if Dan isn't announced as the Cubs No.1 !

Nothing personal against Dan - But it looks like he will be riding in all 3 leagues! This gives G.B. speedway no credibility & shows what a bunch of incompetent "persons" we have running our sport. With many riders riding for 2 different teams that is so negative P.R. as it is - But 3 different leagues, totally bonkers.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Nothing personal against Dan - But it looks like he will be riding in all 3 leagues! This gives G.B. speedway no credibility & shows what a bunch of incompetent "persons" we have running our sport. With many riders riding for 2 different teams that is so negative P.R. as it is - But 3 different leagues, totally bonkers.

I disagree about the negative PR bit. Although Dan (and others) are named as #8 for PL sides, they are not guaranteed any outings!

So Dan (and others) are predominately going to be CL & NDL riders with the occasional PL outing.

Are you saying that Dan (and others) should miss out on potentially 10+ confidence boosting NDL meetings in favour of a few (if any) PL meetings?

• Like 4

20 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Think you will find max is 15 in July not 16 please do your home work ...

http://www.speedwaygb.co.uk/news.php?extend.39939

Someone needs to do some homework somewhere! :blush: :unsure: :nono:

Is he 15 or 16 this year? Is it April or July? :unsure: :rolleyes:

No info on his website though. :D

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Yes, It's you that needs to do the homework   :rofl:

You've included a link to Leicester's signing of Max Perry (who is eligible to race for the Lion Cubs after his 15th birthday in April).

This of course has no connection to the question asked on this thread about Max James' 15th birthday in July.

Edited by PotteringAround
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Max JAMES turns 15 early July on his birthday he become eligible for the Cubs & he will be brought into the team on his birthday .

Max PERRY has signed for Cubs & turns 15 in April which indicates the cubs won’t start till after then.

I think Stewart has put together a very good cubs side .

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Lenny Lion said:

Max JAMES turns 15 early July on his birthday he become eligible for the Cubs & he will be brought into the team on his birthday .

Max PERRY has signed for Cubs & turns 15 in April which indicates the cubs won’t start till after then.

yep very good side. so if max is been brought in on his birthday who's for the chop and season hasn't even started :t:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lenny Lion said:

Not very encouraging news for Vinnie Foord, if he's being booted out in July :blink:

5 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Or maybe it shows a pathway for a rider to develop going into his third season.

Leicester have tried to build up an asset base in recent seasons and running NDL and being one of the main bases for GB Youth Training days helps too. 

It should be remembered though that no one can sign an actual contract until they are 16 so it doesn't follow all would become Leicester assets. 

I'm sure Perry and James have already agreed notices of intent to sign elsewhere as possibly Trigger did when he's 16 this May which is why he's been allowed to leave. 

With Poland the ultimate aim for these youngsters and those now moving up the pyramid it will work against any weekend track like Leicester longer term in seeing the full fruits of their labour's as the best will be cherry picked by the Poles. 

Not hard to imagine Stewart Dickson is already working on being in PL in a few years time with Thompsons and other young talent racing on a weekday. 

Everything about Leicester like Poole and Glasgow would fit in to an enlarged PL. It needs around a dozen of the Rising Stars to develop though to staff that bigger League and PL to be more commercially viable than Sweden. 

I can see that transition happening in 2 to 3 seasons as Swedes have no conveyor belt like we do. 

Increased GP and GP2 and Poland could mean UK at professional levels runs Monday to Friday in majority of cases and more at NDL level on a weekend. 

3 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Yes, It's you that needs to do the homework   :rofl:

You've included a link to Leicester's signing of Max Perry (who is eligible to race for the Lion Cubs after his 15th birthday in April).

This of course has no connection to the question asked on this thread about Max James' 15th birthday in July.

2 hours ago, Lenny Lion said:

A BIG WHOOPS!  ........  sorry, multi tasking on several threads & posted about MAX. :blush:

• Haha 1

On 1/6/2022 at 11:44 AM, Ghosty said:

I take your point regarding the credibility of the sport, but riding in all 3 leagues didn't do Ellis Perks any harm and he arguably won us the league with his heroics up in Glasgow. I'll settle for Dan being given opportunities to build on what he's already achieved. This will hopefully be a massive year for him coming on!

On 1/6/2022 at 12:09 PM, Gambo said:

I disagree about the negative PR bit. Although Dan (and others) are named as #8 for PL sides, they are not guaranteed any outings!

So Dan (and others) are predominately going to be CL & NDL riders with the occasional PL outing.

Are you saying that Dan (and others) should miss out on potentially 10+ confidence boosting NDL meetings in favour of a few (if any) PL meetings?

To be fare to ‘ Ghosty ‘ he/she makes a good point. We are expecting a complete novice new to the NDL , who may race once a fortnight if he’s lucky to then race against a rider who turns out twice a week in the championship and perhaps once a week against Grand Prix standard riders?

Trying to get new fans is hard enough when you say our rider ‘X’ also rides for another team in a higher/ lower division ?

Theres an imbalance there that you simply cannot explain to non speedway folk with any sense of credibility.

22 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

To be fare to ‘ Ghosty ‘ he/she makes a good point. We are expecting a complete novice new to the NDL , who may race once a fortnight if he’s lucky to then race against a rider who turns out twice a week in the championship and perhaps once a week against Grand Prix standard riders?

Trying to get new fans is hard enough when you say our rider ‘X’ also rides for another team in a higher/ lower division ?

Theres an imbalance there that you simply cannot explain to non speedway folk with any sense of credibility.

When you put it like that it does sound nonsensical. But I think the thing we don’t know at the minute is how will the Premiership number 8s really play out. Sheffield’s number 7 might not get injured and Thompson might never ride or can he fill in incase of loss of form?

14 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

When you put it like that it does sound nonsensical. But I think the thing we don’t know at the minute is how will the Premiership number 8s really play out. Sheffield’s number 7 might not get injured and Thompson might never ride or can he fill in incase of loss of form?

Typical speedway…..we don’t know how it will work and neither do the people who brought it in, it will just get made up when it suits them .

• Like 2