British Speedway Forum
hyderd

with or without

I notice that clubs are beginning to talk about start dates, does this mean they are planning a return to league matches with or without fans in the stadium.?????

47 minutes ago, hyderd said:

I notice that clubs are beginning to talk about start dates, does this mean they are planning a return to league matches with or without fans in the stadium.?????

Speedway would not survive without fans - so unless matches are streamed - it would be financial suicide.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Speedway would not survive without fans - so unless matches are streamed - it would be financial suicide.

Yes I was thinking that, I would prefer to pay for meetings to be streamed, than another season of no speedway in the UK.

• Thanks 1

I think the top league at least is prepared to go with no fans if required.......

If meetings are streamed in the premiership wouldn't this put an end to any eurosport coverage and any contractual money for the clubs.

42 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If meetings are streamed in the premiership wouldn't this put an end to any eurosport coverage and any contractual money for the clubs.

Not if you don't stream the TV matches?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, hyderd said:

Speedway cannot run without fans in the stadium, whether clubs will need to make a choice that they can run with restricted numbers could be another question.

4 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I think the top league at least is prepared to go with no fans if required.......

i would be surprised if that were true, if it is they could've run last season but didn't. For any speedway to run they need people in the stadium.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Think you are way of the mark . No team in any league will run with out fans that's fact. Even with Streaming 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trackerman48 said:

Think you are way of the mark . No team in any league will run with out fans that's fact. Even with Streaming 

13 minutes ago, screm said:

i would be surprised if that were true, if it is they could've run last season but didn't. For any speedway to run they need people in the stadium.

Let's hope we dont see the theory tested anyway....

Just out of interest this is taken from a rugby league website where clubs in the second and third tiers have roughly similar attendances to British speedway.

Some interesting actual facts, based on the experience of lower level professional football, on how much streaming would be likely to bring.

https://everythingrugbyleague.com/irvine-streaming-is-not-our-saviour/?fbclid=IwAR1aO-5Z8N7yAIC5z3eNp0bhCYRwsEHtEl9X0SD46SJmpxrspp-XDQXyKdQ

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

The BSPA have already ruled out steaming without fans as it’s not viable. It was in the SS a couple weeks back.  So yes, you are very much correct. 

2 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

Would agree.

With or without? 

With of course. 

By May / June crowds will be allowed 

Restricted at first.. 25 to 33%

Be enough for most Clubs to start. 

Bought (reserved) some Test Cricket tickets already.