hyderd

with or without

11 minutes ago, HGould said:

With or without? 

With of course. 

By May / June crowds will be allowed 

Restricted at first.. 25 to 33%

Be enough for most Clubs to start. 

Bought (reserved) some Test Cricket tickets already. 

If clubs have to run with reduced numbers, what is the capacity of the like of Wolves where only the home straight can be used. For the like of my team, Berwick, running at 25% should be a problem as Shielfield Park has a capacity of 4000.

A chap who works as a contractor at my company has a partner who works on the turnstiles at Foxhall and she was talking to Julie Louis only last wk and she said Ipswich wouldn't be able to run without spectators and would be financial suicide.

2 hours ago, HGould said:

With or without? 

With of course. 

Birmingham your team would not survive on 25% or 50% crowd?

1 hour ago, Trackerman48 said:

Birmingham your team would not survive on 25% or 50% crowd?

Don’t think any team could run or survive with any percentage reduction, virtually all clubs have a minimum crowd to survive. Doubt any restriction would allow any club to survive. 

Football clubs expect to have some fans before the end of the season. 

Numbers were not mentioned. 

But there is hope. 

End of season is in May 

9 hours ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

To stream matches the track would have to to have a decent internet signal for that to work......:blink:

There would be no issues streaming meetings from Belle Vue,Wolverhampton,Sheffield and Kings Lynn.

Peterborough and Ipswich are a bit more challenging but can be done for a little more cost.

The TV meetings will start around the same time as well  

13 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Don’t think any team could run or survive with any percentage reduction, virtually all clubs have a minimum crowd to survive. Doubt any restriction would allow any club to survive. 

not 25% of a crowd but 25% of capacity. So if a stadium had a capacity of 4,000 then a crowd of 1,000 would be allowed. 

17 hours ago, HGould said:

With or without? 

With of course. 

Like your optimism, hope your right for the sake of speedway and my holidays.

Edited by hyderd

14 hours ago, flagrag said:

There would be no issues streaming meetings from Belle Vue,Wolverhampton,Sheffield and Kings Lynn.

Peterborough and Ipswich are a bit more challenging but can be done for a little more cost.

The TV meetings will start around the same time as well  

Don't think streaming from individual tracks will provide enough revenue. You probably have to charge  less for streaming and you lose income from families (who only buy one stream instead of say 4 tickets) and probably a fair amount who don't stream given the demographic. You might pick up more revenue from away supporters and even some neutrals but you basically have the same cost base. I reckon it could work for shared events where there's an interest for each team but not when there's only two teams involved where I doubt the viewing figures would be large enough to attract advertising to fund the gap.

I really hope that the BSPA are asking government if they can act as a guinea pig for the return of supporters to live events.  Whilst I've got no appetite to attend events with restrictions in place I think league speedway would be an ideal test bed for that sort of thing and it can't do any harm doing the government a favour.  They might even under write any losses.  

On 2/21/2021 at 10:38 AM, George Dodds said:

not 25% of a crowd but 25% of capacity. So if a stadium had a capacity of 4,000 then a crowd of 1,000 would be allowed. 

Ah of course, good point. :t:

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Ah of course, good point. :t:

depends on 2 metre distance ruling ? how would wolves and other tracks impliment that ???

5 minutes ago, GAH said:

depends on 2 metre distance ruling ? how would wolves and other tracks impliment that ???

All tracks are ready for it. However I doubt social distance will be enforced after June.