British Speedway Forum
hyderd

with or without

way to go 28, like you I am hesitant to return at least until after 2nd jab, and even then I would need to understand the "COVID 19" measures being implemented at tracks before returning.  This is I agree a matter of personal choice ,and personal circumstances,  and some will be keen to return whatever the situation at their local track, but some respect will need to be shown by promoters to build confidence amongst fans that their tracks are minimising risk. Speedway is living in "cloud cuckoo land"  if it believes 2019 level crowds will flock back to the tracks from day one of the re opening post Covid. 

Two tracks that I frequent I use as examples:-

Sittingbourne, there is plenty of allocated seating that could ensure social distancing, but the entrance and exit to/from the stadium is always very crowded and gives me cause for concern.

Similarly,  Eastbourne has allocated seating in a backstright stand the could ensure social distancing, but also has a compact congested entrance turnstile area, and a crowded stadium exit. 

25 minutes ago, old bob at herne bay said:

way to go 28, like you I am hesitant to return at least until after 2nd jab, and even then I would need to understand the "COVID 19" measures being implemented at tracks before returning.  This is I agree a matter of personal choice ,and personal circumstances,  and some will be keen to return whatever the situation at their local track, but some respect will need to be shown by promoters to build confidence amongst fans that their tracks are minimising risk. Speedway is living in "cloud cuckoo land"  if it believes 2019 level crowds will flock back to the tracks from day one of the re opening post Covid. 

Two tracks that I frequent I use as examples:-

Sittingbourne, there is plenty of allocated seating that could ensure social distancing, but the entrance and exit to/from the stadium is always very crowded and gives me cause for concern.

Similarly,  Eastbourne has allocated seating in a backstright stand the could ensure social distancing, but also has a compact congested entrance turnstile area, and a crowded stadium exit. 

Face mask going in and coming out ? Should be mandatory really and that with 2m mark's on the ground as well and outside in the fresh air will the risk really be that high come May/June? I know it's a dreadful thing to say but probably as likely to end up in hospital from an accident to and fro to the stadium as the disease, but I do appreciate its everyone's personal choice.

Edited by gazzac
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Trackerman48 said:

At least stevebrum talked alot of sence and like us all not always right. But he is a honest guy who has been around alot of tracks, and yes he does know  his speedway

Oh right wow a statement I'll remember that :nono: goodbye :party:

Surely at the start, most of the events will have to be all ticket. I don't mind committing myself for a local meeting, but i certainly wouldn't gamble long distance. Everything points to lower crowds, mainly due to Covid restrictions and the average age of UK speedway fans.