Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I was absolute shocked by this but Dale Allitt a couple of weeks ago said King's Lynn's capacity was 10,465. This is not a typo, 10,465 :o:o

Is that with the big old temporary stand that popped up the other year for the stock car world final? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I was absolute shocked by this but Dale Allitt a couple of weeks ago said King's Lynn's capacity was 10,465. This is not a typo, 10,465 :o:o

:rofl: Scaling that up makes Foxhall about 50k !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Every venue will have a maximum capacity set by the Health & Safety exec.

Clubs will know exactly what that is and plan accordingly.

So pleased that Poole have not scheduled any home meetings til end May - the only question being will any of their 3 scheduled early May away meetings be able to take place?

Given the rudimentary crowd safety conditions that passed  muster for "speedway stadia" in the UK long before the pandemic, not sure the HSE have shown any interest in spectator safety in UK speedway. Borne out by the ludicrous capacity alleged by Dale Allitt at Kings Lynn. Surely this information will now have to be published and verified ?

Guess a crowd of 750 to 1,000 would be viable at £20 a head to watch the 2021 economy class teams now being presented.  So a stadium capacity of 2,000 would be sufficient. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Is that with the big old temporary stand that popped up the other year for the stock car world final? 

Don't think so, that was only 2500 tops. That would still make the AFA 8000. I just can't believe that. 

The only other way I see those sort of capacity numbers is when Jonathan Chapman got venue approval as an outdoor music venue?!?

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Given the rudimentary crowd safety conditions that passed  muster for "speedway stadia" in the UK long before the pandemic, not sure the HSE have shown any interest in spectator safety in UK speedway. Borne out by the ludicrous capacity alleged by Dale Allitt at Kings Lynn. Surely this information will now have to be published and verified ?

Guess a crowd of 750 to 1,000 would be viable at £20 a head to watch the 2021 economy class teams now being presented.  So a stadium capacity of 2,000 would be sufficient. 

 

cant see any promotion risk charging " £20 a head" for league racing bob,would be a lot of resistance to that price amongst fans

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Given the rudimentary crowd safety conditions that passed  muster for "speedway stadia" in the UK long before the pandemic, not sure the HSE have shown any interest in spectator safety in UK speedway. Borne out by the ludicrous capacity alleged by Dale Allitt at Kings Lynn. Surely this information will now have to be published and verified ?

Guess a crowd of 750 to 1,000 would be viable at £20 a head to watch the 2021 economy class teams now being presented.  So a stadium capacity of 2,000 would be sufficient. 

 

So you know more about Kings Lynn than Dale Allitt? And who charges £20?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Who has ever seen a published figure for the "capacity" of any UK speedway stadium    ???  (NOT the Rugby Stadium in Wales)

Leicester - 4500 when it opened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

s

13 hours ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

:rofl: Scaling that up makes Foxhall about 50k !!

I've been scrolling thru doing various Foxhall/Spedeworth Google searches but can't actually find anything about capacity numbers:unsure:most I've found is backstraight terracing holds 3,500 and backstraight stand holds 1,500, so that's 5,000 along the backstraight only, i know their often had 10,000 to 15,000 in the stadium for big Hotrod/Stockcar meets, and likewise had them same kind of numbers at speedway back in the day:rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, poole keith said:

cant see any promotion risk charging " £20 a head" for league racing bob,would be a lot of resistance to that price amongst fans

In the Championship its only Glasgow that come close to that average £20 I believe?!.

Poole announced a reduction from £18 to £17 when they decided to go Championship, so assume that will remain the Adult price for 2021, bearing in mind some have already paid for their season ticket passes based on that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

50 % or 4000 capacity. Its along time since a league meeting in Britain exceeded 4000.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kevin bass said:

s

I've been scrolling thru doing various Foxhall/Spedeworth Google searches but can't actually find anything about capacity numbers:unsure:most I've found is backstraight terracing holds 3,500 and backstraight stand holds 1,500, so that's 5,000 along the backstraight only, i know their often had 10,000 to 15,000 in the stadium for big Hotrod/Stockcar meets, and likewise had them same kind of numbers at speedway back in the day:rolleyes:

I believe it was assessed at around 10,000 last year ahead of stock cars being held with 25% limit - 2500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, eric i said:

50 % or 4000 capacity. Its along time since a league meeting in Britain exceeded 4000.

Ipswich pushed at that or just above for recent play off meetings but standard league fixtures no more than 2000 with a hardcore 1500

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, eric i said:

50 % or 4000 capacity. Its along time since a league meeting in Britain exceeded 4000.

The problem is the capacity, you wont be allowed 4,000 in if that's more than 50% of stadium capacity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The upcoming fixtures on the SpeedwayGB website have been updated I noticed..

All fixtures prior to 17th May have been removed.. But are still on the Fixtures/Results page though.

 

image.thumb.png.e9a3795438e28969b28d9a9283a0e211.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are different limits for seated stadiums and outdoor events. So how do you work out a limit for, say Poole, which has an indoor grandstand/restaurant, an outdoor grandstand and outdoor standing viewing.

My guess is that venues will agree capacity limits with local public health officials and that these will vary between 25 and 50% of maximum capacity (as happened with the few meetings that went ahead last season)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy