British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heedthebaw

Berwick Bullets 2021

Great to see Berwick joining the National League, along with Armadale and Newcastle the junior scene in the North is certainly looking bright.

Led by Leon Flint and Kyle Buckley, it’s a great start. Surely club assets Mason Watson and Luke Ruddick must be the next to be announced ?

5 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

Great to see Berwick joining the National League, along with Armadale and Newcastle the junior scene in the North is certainly looking bright.

Led by Leon Flint and Kyle Buckley, it’s a great start. Surely club assets Mason Watson and Luke Ruddick must be the next to be announced ?

As has been pointed out to me on the other thread... even with 4 3.00ers to finish the team luke ruddick would not fit

what ave would gary flint come in on sure he though about it a few years back lol

1 minute ago, mac101 said:

what ave would gary flint come in on sure he though about it a few years back lol

I think his license is still locking in Laurence Rodgers glovebox :rofl:

Seriously though Bickley, Flint, Verge and 4 x 3.00ers. Team building this way is going to leave a rubbish product and only encourage spectators to watch at a higher level... oh wait thats what the bspl want.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, mac101 said:

I Donk think that will happen now :t:

13 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

As has been pointed out to me on the other thread... even with 4 3.00ers to finish the team luke ruddick would not fit

Sorry, I was thinking Greg Blair and wrote Luke, :unsure: I know He lives down near Mildenhall these days and was due to ride for them last year

Depends on what average greg comes in on???

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Seriously though Bickley, Flint, Verge and 4 x 3.00ers. Team building this way is going to leave a rubbish product and only encourage spectators to watch at a higher level... oh wait thats what the bspl want.

‘ Rubbish product ‘ ? Wow, you are a bitter sole. Youth racing up north via the NJL has been strong for years and judging by the crowds who stay back to watch then they are very happy with it.

The BSPL dont pick the teams, the club does and the club is obviously happy to enter under the new rules so I guess we won’t be seeing your unhappy face at Berwick Bullets matches any time soon?

Edited by Ringitsneck
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Is Danno Verge is based down south, would he travel up to Berwick?

Just now, szkocjasid said:

Is Danno Verge is based down south, would he travel up to Berwick?

pretty sure Danno lives in kent 

2 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

‘ Rubbish product ‘ ? Wow, you area bitter sole. Youth racing up north via the NJL has been strong for years and judging by the crowds who stay back to watch then they are very happy with it.

The BSPL dont pick the teams, the club does and the club is obviously happy to enter under the new rules so I guess we won’t be seeing your unhappy face at Berwick Bullets matches any time soon?

Whilst i dont personally enjoy the NJL format i do respect the hard work put into it and its great to see it flourish and generate some riders at the end of it. 

I just dont see strong heat leaders and complete league newbies serving up mixed racing. They might as well change the format so they are kept separate. Time will tell who makes it and who doesn't but i think a lot of rider's are picking up places due to location and necessity rather than ability.

3 minutes ago, mac101 said:

pretty sure Danno lives in kent 

Lives on IOW but stranger things have happened in speedway 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Whilst i dont personally enjoy the NJL format i do respect the hard work put into it and its great to see it flourish and generate some riders at the end of it. 

I just dont see strong heat leaders and complete league newbies serving up mixed racing. They might as well change the format so they are kept separate. Time will tell who makes it and who doesn't but i think a lot of rider's are picking up places due to location and necessity rather than ability.

Should use the old elite League fast track format, keeps HL's like Clegg, Flint & Bickley away from 3.00 reserves!

• Like 1

In addition to Mason Watson, l think Keiran Douglas should be on board.  Both very local - the very type of riders the NL is designed to attract to the sport!   

The suggestion of Greg Blair's name is intriguing (no idea of his average) as Greg is the great-grandson of Danny and Liz Taylor, who created speedway in Berwick, 53 years ago! 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

What’s not to enjoy? The only league to allow proper youth race on 125 machines and now to include 250’s.

As for riders locality doesn’t that actually make sense at this level ? Keeps costs down and local interest up !

• Like 1