British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heedthebaw

Berwick Bullets 2021

4 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

In addition to Mason Watson, l think Keiran Douglas should be on board.  Both very local - the very type of riders the NL is designed to attract to the sport!   

The suggestion of Greg Blair's name is intriguing (no idea of his average) as Greg is the great-grandson of Danny and Liz Taylor, who created speedway in Berwick, 53 years ago! 

With the greatest of respect to the other's mentioned i rate keiran Douglas much higher and would be criminal if he didnt get offered a place 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

What’s not to enjoy? The only league to allow proper youth race on 125 machines and now to include 250’s.

As for riders locality doesn’t that actually make sense at this level ? Keeps costs down and local interest up !

125 races are generally entertaining but 3 heats of the same riders often brings the same result.  If you want locality to be a factor might as well split to north and south divisions.  Anyone who thinks the sport isnt expensive and doesn't involve brutal travel isnt well enough prepared. 

In theory now the club has a  set up which provides a stepping stone for any riders starting out in the NJL from a very young age, to the National League, then the full team in the Championship, so creating their own asset base from within. Hopefully the new project will be backed by the fans, I know the NJL racing was. Gives fans more racing, whether as part of a double header, or filling in blank Saturdays. All round win for the club. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

125 races are generally entertaining but 3 heats of the same riders often brings the same result.  If you want locality to be a factor might as well split to north and south divisions.  Anyone who thinks the sport isnt expensive and doesn't involve brutal travel isnt well enough prepared. 

God your such a doom monger.
It was YOU who brought up locality 

As motorsports go speedway is cheap !

• Haha 1

I feel for Berwick as they have joined the league at a dubious time and possibly a touch blinkered but we shall see. Locality should be behind abilty but we will see. 

Thats werevwe differ as semi pro motorsports go speedway is expensive 

Edited by Sings4Speedway

5 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I feel for Berwick as they have joined the league at a dubious time and possibly a touch blinkered but we shall see. Locality should be behind abilty but we will see. 

Thats werevwe differ as semi pro motorsports go speedway is expensive 

Don’t feel for anybody , it’s their choice and they have jumped at it.

And as I have competed in 7 different forms of motorsport, on two wheels and four....your wrong !

7 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

Don’t feel for anybody , it’s their choice and they have jumped at it.

And as I have competed in 7 different forms of motorsport, on two wheels and four....your wrong !

Been wrong before and will be again. One thing for certain is that i have never been so disillusioned with the sport as i am right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I think his license is still locking in Laurence Rodgers glovebox :rofl:

Seriously though Bickley, Flint, Verge and 4 x 3.00ers. Team building this way is going to leave a rubbish product and only encourage spectators to watch at a higher level... oh wait thats what the bspl want.

This has to be seriously the worst post I've read in ages the Njl is a far better product than any other junior league racing. They give riders from 125 cc the chance to compete from 8 years old and go right through to 500 . Other junior leagues give juniors a race when 15 on 500s only and above and already at an adequate level having raced in other junior competitions examples British youth or amateur meetings then try and claim they developed them . Don't give me mdl sdl are the saviours of speedway they are far from it. :mad:
that said much respect to those who volunteer to do the organising :t:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

This has to be seriously the worst post I've read in ages the Njl is a far better product than any other junior league racing. They give riders from 125 cc the chance to compete from 8 years old and go right through to 500 . Other junior leagues give juniors a race when 15 on 500s only and above and already at an adequate level having raced in other junior competitions examples British youth or amateur meetings then try and claim they developed them . Don't give me mdl sdl are the saviours of speedway they are far from it. :mad:
that said much respect to those who volunteer to do the organising :t:

I dont claim the M/SDL are the saviours of speedway in fact in recent years some of the riders on display have done the league more harm than good. Its easy to argue the merits and clauses of the MSDL and the NJL and clear we will never agree which is a better product.

What i do echo is that all track time is hugely important,  all tracks that host it deserve success and the volunteers are incredible. 

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

With the greatest of respect to the other's mentioned i rate keiran Douglas much higher and would be criminal if he didnt get offered a place 

Kieran has been riding a good long time now, and since a serious injury a few years ago has imo, stagnated and lost the aggression that you need in a tough sport

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Heedthebaw said:

Kieran has been riding a good long time now, and since a serious injury a few years ago has imo, stagnated and lost the aggression that you need in a tough sport

That might explain it looks good when out front but doesn't mix it as well in a pack / tight first corner. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

In addition to Mason Watson, l think Keiran Douglas should be on board.  Both very local - the very type of riders the NL is designed to attract to the sport!   

The suggestion of Greg Blair's name is intriguing (no idea of his average) as Greg is the great-grandson of Danny and Liz Taylor, who created speedway in Berwick, 53 years ago! 

I believe Greg Blair’s last average was 7.04. The BSPL will probably make up some reduction for him though, seeing as he’s on the fast track list, to fit him in. 

Only my opinion, but I think the reason that Keiron Douglas' progress may have been hampered is because of his lack of track time and competitive action, only having NJL matches to ride in and no National League matches. If he's included in the Bullets team we will soon see if he, hopefully, progresses this year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringitsneck said:

What’s not to enjoy? The only league to allow proper youth race on 125 machines and now to include 250’s.

As for riders locality doesn’t that actually make sense at this level ? Keeps costs down and local interest up !

Yep and it's been fantastic to watch Sam and Harry McGurk, Archie Freeman , Danny smith ,Jordan Palin , Leon Flint, Kyle Bickley, Luke Harrison and many others come through from 125 to 500 then into league racing. Best format tell me if there's a better one .

• Like 4

10 hours ago, phillwhitewasmad said:

Yep and it's been fantastic to watch Sam and Harry McGurk, Archie Freeman , Danny smith ,Jordan Palin , Leon Flint, Kyle Bickley, Luke Harrison and many others come through from 125 to 500 then into league racing. Best format tell me if there's a better one .

I’ve sort of lost touch with last year being a non event but absolutely loved watching these young lads progression from the 125s upwards, is Luke Harrison on a 500 now ?  I’d love to see his name on the Bullets team sheet