British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heedthebaw

Berwick Bullets 2021

11 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

I’ve sort of lost touch with last year being a non event but absolutely loved watching these young lads progression from the 125s upwards, is Luke Harrison on a 500 now ?  I’d love to see his name on the Bullets team sheet

Too young for the 500s as far as I'm aware :( But he will be a hell of a talent once he's old enough to move up, next season (2022)? Or season after (2023)? Same goes of Max James. And does Max Perry still do speedway?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heedthebaw said:

I’ve sort of lost touch with last year being a non event but absolutely loved watching these young lads progression from the 125s upwards, is Luke Harrison on a 500 now ?  I’d love to see his name on the Bullets team sheet

Hi mate he's on the 250s at the moment and not old enough for 2021 but will be involved with the njl when 250cc are racing at Berwick 

• Like 2

Wonder if Alex Goldsbrough will be anywhere in the NL next season?

full team announced Leon Flint,Ryan MacDonald Greg Blair,Ben Rathbone, Kyle Bickley, kieran Douglas, Mason Watson 

• Like 3

Has anyone seen confirmation of Blair’s average? He joined Scunthorpe in 2011 on 7.20 but only rode 5 meetings. So did he ride enough meetings for a new average (I can’t remember how many meetings you needed for a new average that year but there was a time when it was only 4 meetings) or does he return on an assessed average?

3 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Has anyone seen confirmation of Blair’s average? He joined Scunthorpe in 2011 on 7.20 but only rode 5 meetings. So did he ride enough meetings for a new average (I can’t remember how many meetings you needed for a new average that year but there was a time when it was only 4 meetings) or does he return on an assessed average?

Having been out for about 10 years, I’d imagine he’ll be reassessed 

17 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

22 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Team only fits with Blair on a 4.94 ave (or less). Seems a big reduction in his average!

30 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

pretty sure a few riders that’s been out for a good while seem to come back in on 4.5 

Edited by mac101

36 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Team only fits with Blair on a 4.94 ave (or less). Seems a big reduction in his average!

He's been out a long time (10 years) so should be reassessed, but he was a 7.20 rider then in a much tougher league.  If he has been assessed at anything below 5 in such a weak league as this year's, they've been very, very lucky!

Ledwith and Clifton came back on 3.5 and both achieved better in tougher leagues. Certainly plenty of unknowns about the whole team but fortunately the ethos is all about winning ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Ledwith and Clifton came back on 3.5 and both achieved better in tougher leagues. Certainly plenty of unknowns about the whole team but fortunately the ethos is all about winning ;)

Absolutely.   I think the vast majority of people on here were gobsmacked when Ledwith was allowed in on a 3.50 average.   He immediately doubled his average before settling back to around 6.00 by the end of the year, as was totally predictable, and indeed predicted by a large number of members of this forum.

History is about to repeat itself here in an even weaker league.  

Seems a bit unfair on the novice 15-year-old 3.00 newcomer riders to know they're up against an experienced ex-NL heat leader who is only rated half a point higher.

7 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Add Paul Burnett to that list too. All returned after several years out, on an assessed 3.50 average. So there is a standard here but Blair has previously ridden in the second tier and averaged considerably higher so should make a mockery of a low average, especially not seeing many heat 13s or 15s in this team. 

3 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Add Paul Burnett to that list too. All returned after several years out, on an assessed 3.50 average. So there is a standard here but Blair has previously ridden in the second tier and averaged considerably higher so should make a mockery of a low average, especially not seeing many heat 13s or 15s in this team. 

So the irony of a league switch towards using young inexperienced riders may completely switch to which veterans fancy another go

52 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

So the irony of a league switch towards using young inexperienced riders may completely switch to which veterans fancy another go

It will do if they are kept being allowed to join on ridiculously small averages for their ability