British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heedthebaw

Berwick Bullets 2021

13 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Berwick's fixture list at present offers only four double-headers (incorporating NDL matches with Belle Vue, Leicester, Kent and Eastbourne) plus two stand-alone NDL matches (Newcastle and Mildenhall) and the opening meeting of the new UK season on May 1 (against Armadale) which will be a closed-door event, streamed live around the planet! 

If this schedule is maintained (fixture-lists can prove pliable) having just four double-headers may retain their novelty as 'special occasions' and allow extra promotion of the matches at the appropriate time. 

Despite a personal preference for stand-alone matches, l readily submit to the financial advantage of running the occasional (and four, over a season, is about right) well-promoted CL/NDL double-header  instead of two separate meetings.   

I counted 5 double-headers.

Yeah, we could each be right -- or wrong!

I was taking my data from the BSPL site, which listed four.     Now the Bullets (and Bandits) fixtures are on club website, it is still a bit hazy, as the club site has Bandits v Newcastle on BOTH June 19th (which would be a double-header) and July 3.......

BSPL have that match on July 3rd, as has the Newcastle website.

On 3/11/2021 at 2:10 PM, Fromafar said:

I counted 5 double-headers.

I'll stand by my original post - - four doubles, two singles and a stream..

A nice mixed selection box!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

I'll stand by my original post - - four doubles, two singles and a stream..

A nice mixed selection box!

I thought that was the recipe for a hilarious night out.......

Closed P&P for the Bullets at Shielfield tonight.  Plus Berwick Academy NJL riders such as Luke Harrison, and a few invited guests, mostly called either Pijper or McGurk......

On 4/3/2021 at 7:18 PM, crescent girl said:

Closed P&P for the Bullets at Shielfield tonight.  Plus Berwick Academy NJL riders such as Luke Harrison, and a few invited guests, mostly called either Pijper or McGurk......

That pretty much sums the evening up .

:drink:

Think of a number and divide it by 2 then add 1.5, put a orange in your left shoe and hop on one leg. The answer will fit the team building.:drink:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Petecc said:

:drink:

Think of a number and divide it by 2 then add 1.5, put a orange in your left shoe and hop on one leg. The answer will fit the team building.:drink:

I thought with 2 weeks to go it may have been announced. Silly me 

Does it matter?  The Bullets' 1-7 has been approved, so his (and the other six riders') averages will accumulate to less than the infamous 35 points.

7 hours ago, TMW said:

do we have an average for Blair yet ?

11 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

Does it matter? 

Yes.  Obviously, it matters to her or she wouldn't have wasted her time asking.  

Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but then it seems silly wasting your time responding.  (especially as you don't know either).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TMW said:

do we have an average for Blair yet ?

think it’s 4.5 so fits no problem sure that’s what Rob Ledworth came back on after being away from speedway for  a long time 

Edited by mac101

5 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Yes.  Obviously, it matters to her or she wouldn't have wasted her time asking.  

Maybe it doesn't matter to you, but then it seems silly wasting your time responding.  (especially as you don't know either).

Now that time is being wasted I don't know either :rofl:

15 hours ago, mac101 said:

think it’s 4.5 so fits no problem sure that’s what Rob Ledworth came back on after being away from speedway for  a long time 

He and Paul Burnett returned on 3.50. You’re probably right and that’s what he’s been given, but those 2 rode in a Conference League era without averages whereas Blair has ridden more recently and has an average!

• Thanks 1