British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heedthebaw

Berwick Bullets 2021

Well… 2 weeks break… not much in the way of passing but the closeness of the meeting kept you interested! Our top 3 performed superbly… how nice to see us on the right end of results in heats 13/15 for a change! 
Excellent debut for Luke Crang and I will hold my hands up and say I didn’t expect him to be that race sharp! 
Greg as always was rubbish-e or bust… he’s got a funny set of gonads for sure with some of the moves he was trying tonight! Good to see him get up and walk away so quickly from what was quite an impactful crash in heat 13! 
I said at the start of the season that I believed Mildenhall would be the team We would slip up against… we didn’t thank the Lord and so remain top of the pile for the time being :approve:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Hopefully the Berwick public support the standalone meetings too. It’s just a shame for them that Mildenhall are arriving under strength. 

Just as well otherwise would have been very different our top 3 done very well ,and Luke and Sam Hagon likewise good for  the visitors good to see when the red lights came on at the start the guys came right round and back up to the tapes immediately,no faffing about at pit gates all done and dusted by 8 35., and that with r/r.

Any notes on how the crowd numbers were?

Understrength Mildenhall side scared the leaders who still look to have a few passengers reliant on others scoring big. No way should Ryan Mac get beat my Muff twice anywhere but especially at home. Phillips did a decent job as a guest but you would fancy Jenkins to get more than the 7 RR brought for him. Would think the Bandits got away with it tonight. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Any notes on how the crowd numbers were?

I estimated around 250

Edited by Shadders
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Just as well otherwise would have been very different our top 3 done very well ,and Luke and Sam Hagon likewise good for  the visitors good to see when the red lights came on at the start the guys came right round and back up to the tapes immediately,no faffing about at pit gates all done and dusted by 8 35., and that with r/r.

Ruddick’s score was like he had a point to prove! And Hagon was very impressive on presumably his first time up there. 

4 minutes ago, Shadders said:

I estimated around 250

For reference, what’s an average Championship crowd?

Just now, Islander15 said:

For reference, what’s an average Championship crowd?

. Usually 600+ for Championship, unless another Northern side are visiting

Edited by Shadders

Just now, Shadders said:

I think that's the first stand alone NL meeting at Berwick. If there was another I wasn't there

Yes it was. I meant how many people usually attend Championship meetings? I wondered how many less went tonight. 

10 hours ago, Bandits4eva said:

Well… 2 weeks break… not much in the way of passing but the closeness of the meeting kept you interested! Our top 3 performed superbly… how nice to see us on the right end of results in heats 13/15 for a change! 
Excellent debut for Luke Crang and I will hold my hands up and say I didn’t expect him to be that race sharp! 
Greg as always was rubbish-e or bust… he’s got a funny set of gonads for sure with some of the moves he was trying tonight! Good to see him get up and walk away so quickly from what was quite an impactful crash in heat 13! 
I said at the start of the season that I believed Mildenhall would be the team We would slip up against… we didn’t thank the Lord and so remain top of the pile for the time being :approve:

Looks like Kent are now red hot favourites to win league after now three away wins at Belle Vue, Mildenhall and Eastbourne. Dont think they ridden much at home yet

Summer night, shorts weather, gang of friends, good laughs, new riders (Sam Hagon impressive, Luke Crang paid max on debut, Leon who? :)) last heat decider, Berwick win. What's not to like?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stuntdouble said:

Was that a certain Liam Carr out on the skidder last night. 

Indeed it was! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuntdouble said:

Can still Chuck it around sheilfield 

Still only 25 

Berwick`s away fixture that was rained off the other week at Mildenhall has been re-arranged for Sunday September 26th.

Bullets' win tonight -- when last did we see a 39-48 result over fifteen heats? -- puts them back on top of the NDL table.

Some impressive scoring, too -- Luke Crang 16, and Kieran Douglas a very handy 9+2.