British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heedthebaw

Berwick Bullets 2021

Brilliant result to round off a very successful season for the Bullets, whether or not they go on to win the league.

Leon Flint and Kyle Bickley doubled up with the Bandits and, in particular I think it would give Kyle confidence to score big points when he sometimes struggled for the Bandits.

Luke Crang stepped in for Leon and his scores against Mildenhall (home) and Kent (tonight) might just win them the league.

Greg Blair re-discovered his love for the sport, gave the crowd great entertainment and became a bit of a cult figure.

Ben Rathbone, Mason Watson, Ryan MacDonald and Keiron Douglas all developed a lot more than they would just riding in the NJL.

I've enjoyed watching the Bullets matches this season, both as double headers and on their own. Hopefully the promotion continue the team next season.

• Like 3

Congrats to the Bullets. Pre-season they looked a 2 man team and with Flint leaving midway it could have been disaster but unbeaten at home and useful points away and Crang coming in and scoring straight away puts them back top of the table. Nervy wait to see if Mildenhall can topple Kent at home also otherwise its Silverware.

On 9/29/2021 at 9:02 AM, Sings4Speedway said:

Congrats to the Bullets. Pre-season they looked a 2 man team and with Flint leaving midway it could have been disaster but unbeaten at home and useful points away and Crang coming in and scoring straight away puts them back top of the table. Nervy wait to see if Mildenhall can topple Kent at home also otherwise its Silverware.

Close but no cigar

The announcement this morning that Kyle Bickley will be back in 2022, not just as a member of the Bandits, but to captain the Bullets too, is great news for Berwick supporters -- and good news too, for everyone looking forward to another good year of NDL competition throughout the UK. 

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

The announcement this morning that Kyle Bickley will be back in 2022, not just as a member of the Bandits, but to captain the Bullets too, is great news for Berwick supporters -- and good news too, for everyone looking forward to another good year of NDL competition throughout the UK. 

I am sooooooo jealous. :( 

Massive chunk of the points building (if the rules stay the same as last year) and assume most of the decisions just need to be rubber stamped as someone could table a no over 8 point rider rule and the Bullets get screwed. Im pleased to see the commitment to the league but fear the gulf in rider abilities could be bigger than ever this season.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Massive chunk of the points building (if the rules stay the same as last year) and assume most of the decisions just need to be rubber stamped as someone could table a no over 8 point rider rule and the Bullets get screwed. Im pleased to see the commitment to the league but fear the gulf in rider abilities could be bigger than ever this season.

I’m hoping that they’ve finally realised that the points limit this season was ridiculously low and, even though Bickley will be one of the league’s top riders, there won’t be an influx of newbies for him to lap! Let’s be honest, there isn’t a host of 3.00 riders to flood the league at reserve this coming season anyway!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Islander15 said:

I’m hoping that they’ve finally realised that the points limit this season was ridiculously low and, even though Bickley will be one of the league’s top riders, there won’t be an influx of newbies for him to lap! Let’s be honest, there isn’t a host of 3.00 riders to flood the league at reserve this coming season anyway!

You are quite correct but i would like to see the limit held and reap whats been sown. It was clear that the issue would present itself and if its raised back to 39/40 it would almost be an admission of wrongdoing. Riders are now sat on inflated averages so if "progression is the key" then it should remain low and force riders through.

So is the 'three league' thing no more, are we going to see one big division or has Bickley ruled himself out of a Premiership spot? Find it a bit odd he's signed up for another season in the NDL.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

So is the 'three league' thing no more, are we going to see one big division or has Bickley ruled himself out of a Premiership spot? Find it a bit odd he's signed up for another season in the NDL.

I see Kyle very much as a confidence rider and think he really needs to nail down a good CL season before thinking about PL places and winning week in week out in the NDL should help that.

12 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

I see Kyle very much as a confidence rider and think he really needs to nail down a good CL season before thinking about PL places and winning week in week out in the NDL should help that.

Yep I get and respect that but there also comes a point where you have to step out of your comfort zone and push yourself to see how good you can be. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

You are quite correct but i would like to see the limit held and reap whats been sown. It was clear that the issue would present itself and if its raised back to 39/40 it would almost be an admission of wrongdoing. Riders are now sat on inflated averages so if "progression is the key" then it should remain low and force riders through.

If you "increase" the limit to 39 or 40, you are weakening the league by a further 2 or 3 points. The league's average at the end of every season has to be 42 points (less a few 3-2's and 5-0's), 7 riders x 4 rides x 1.5 points per heat (6 points divided by 4 riders per heat). If you want to keep the league at the same standard next season as this, the limit has to be 42, anything lower weakens the league further, anything higher increases the standard. Its basic maths, but people, especially those who set the rules, don't seem to understand this.

• Like 1