British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heedthebaw

Berwick Bullets 2021

12 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

Ace Pijper announced tonight, Great news, another rider coming from the Acadamy team.

To those who have watched him at Berwick, is he ready yet?

5 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Ready for what?

Ready to take on Dan Gilkes, Jack Smith, Ryàn Kinsley or the Thompsons?  Of course not, he's just turned fifteen and has limited 500cc experience.

Ready to continue the progress he's made from sessions at Duns, the GB Youth events and for Berwick's Academy side in NJL mini-matches?  Absolutely!

This coming season, he'll only have to beat the opposing #7's -- home and away -- to justify his team place and repay the faith the GHT Bullets are investing in Ace.

By joining local fellow-graduates Mason Watson and Keiran Douglas (and before them, Leon Flint) his recruitment to the NDL side -- emphasis on the 'D' -- displays the Berwick club's continuing determination to 'grow their own'.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Don't think I have seen him on a 500 but looks good on his 250. He had some good races with Luke and he is the 250cc champion.

If he makes progress through the season then that's the main thing.

If he has half as good a season as Sam McGurk has just had he will be doing his job in the team.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Given Ace has plenty of home laps under his belt and a few handy setup tips on hand he should do alright this year. Rated around Max Perry level seems to be what im told and if thats the case he is already ahead of several other reserves signed up for the forth coming season. Depending on the team make up he might spend his time moving in and out of the 1-5 but thats no bad thing for long term progress. 

9 hours ago, Islander15 said:

What a strange question :blink:  Ace will most certainly be ready to make the next step, develop and learn in after all what is a Development League. He will be under no pressure at Berwick and will get all the help and encouragement he needs from everyone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Just signed to a club which has a thriving junior set up regarded as one of the best… has the support of his Dad in the senior team…. No pressure on him from the Berwick crowd… he’s just 15 min… thought he’d have gone to Armadale personally but very happy he’s signed for the Bullets :approve:  
With all 3 Pijpers likely to be riding at Berwick next season (I’m including Stene in our NJL set up) you do have to feel for Mrs Pijper! Someone ensure she’s got a drink or two for her nerves :lol: 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Hes a Pijper speedway is in his blood! 

I believe its his first year on the 500cc, I'm sure with Theo around sharing his experience and guidance he will be one to watch for in future! 

1 Kyle Bickley 8.75
2 Kieran Douglas 4.18
3 Greg Blair 7.57
4 Ben Rathbone 4.00
5 Connor Bailey 8.34
6 Mason Watson 3.91
7 Ace Pijper 3.00

What about this for the team? Connor would be brilliant in the NDL, and I think it would do him the world of good also, he needs to get more experience under his belt rather than just riding for Glasgow or else he may stagnate. If he can have a brilliant season in the CL and NDL, he could push for a PL number 8 or Rising Star spot in 2023 easily... A bright talent, I just feel he hasn't ridden enough yet. And I'm sure Glasgow would be more than happy to let him have more experience...

Great team... Lots of young talent and lots of local academy riders also...

Edited by Diamonds85

Are Berwick going to go 2 points under the limit?

1    Kyle Bickley         8.75
2    Greg Blair             7.57
3    Luke Crang           6.41
4    Kieran Douglas    4.18
5    Ben Rathbone      4.00
6    Mason Watson    3.91
7    Ace Pijper             3.00

If not, who misses out from Crang, Rathbone and Watson?       Danny Phillips to replace Crang?

12 hours ago, Heedthebaw said:

What a strange question :blink:  Ace will most certainly be ready to make the next step, develop and learn in after all what is a Development League. He will be under no pressure at Berwick and will get all the help and encouragement he needs from everyone.

At least some some others gave a sensible answer. 

7 hours ago, PotteringAround said:

Are Berwick going to go 2 points under the limit?

1    Kyle Bickley         8.75
2    Greg Blair             7.57
3    Luke Crang           6.41
4    Kieran Douglas    4.18
5    Ben Rathbone      4.00
6    Mason Watson    3.91
7    Ace Pijper             3.00

If not, who misses out from Crang, Rathbone and Watson?       Danny Phillips to replace Crang?

I just can't see Crang missing out on a place so looks likely to be Rathbone or Watson or Both to not feature unless Berwick are happy to be under the liit and with a longer tail but i doubt it. Perhaps the resurrection of another ex rider on a 6ish average?

That’s Luke confirmed now… 

I would imagine Mason being no.6 but like you say it leaves us under the limit… could Ben possibly head to Armadale for small track experience and we fit Danny Phillips in to get us close to team building limit? 

I personally ain’t fussed… I just enjoyed the bullets for what it was meant to be last season… the chance for the future to progress locally as well as some spectacular sights displayed by Greg Blair! :approve:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bandits4eva said:

That’s Luke confirmed now… 

I would imagine Mason being no.6 but like you say it leaves us under the limit… could Ben possibly head to Armadale for small track experience and we fit Danny Phillips in to get us close to team building limit? 

I personally ain’t fussed… I just enjoyed the bullets for what it was meant to be last season… the chance for the future to progress locally as well as some spectacular sights displayed by Greg Blair! :approve:

I don’t think the club will be bothered that much about the points limit,  BEN and MASON will be nailed on imo.

• Like 1

Ben Rathbone announced as 6th signing for Bullets

• Like 1