British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Heedthebaw

Berwick Bullets 2021

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

According to the new averages Luke Crang is the replacement for Flint!

Not much of a shock though, is it? Good luck on your return to the sport LukeĀ :t:

Shame for Berwick that the replacement is 4 points below the outgoing rider and feel like it ends any outside chances of Berwick being at the sharp end of the season. Dont have any outstanding memories of Crang being that good a rider but he did hit over 6 in tougher times so good luck to him on his return and it could have been worse as i was fearing Luke Chessell.

20 minutes ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Shame for Berwick that the replacement is 4 points below the outgoing rider and feel like it ends any outside chances of Berwick being at the sharp end of the season. Dont have any outstanding memories of Crang being that good a rider but he did hit over 6 in tougher times so good luck to him on his return and it could have been worse as i was fearing Luke Chessell.

Does Luke Chessell still rider like? I'm surprised he wasn't our new rising star then!! With the Stoke connectionsĀ :sad:

This seems to be the test of bringing riders back from retirement! Crang averaged above 8 for Coventry so heā€™s not a bad rider at all. Flint is in excellent form so itā€™s a step down for the Bullets but theyā€™ve definitely found a useful replacement.Ā 

39 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Does Luke Chessell still rider like? I'm surprised he wasn't our new rising star then!! With the Stoke connectionsĀ :sad:

Think he gave up again after the failed comeback. Whilst i never liked him pre leg break it was sad to see him unable to move properly on the bike after.Ā 

2 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

When is the "sharp end if the season" with no play-offs wins in May are as valuable as wins in September!

3 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

When is the "sharp end if the season" with no play-offs wins in May are as valuable as wins in September!

This is very true and Berwicks results thus far have exceeded all my expectations.Ā  The bullets have put themselves in with a strong chance of being at or near the top come the end of season but the loss of Leon and strong teams still to face i fear that mid table beckons.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Islander15 said:

This seems to be the test of bringing riders back from retirement! Crang averaged above 8 for Coventry so heā€™s not a bad rider at all. Flint is in excellent form so itā€™s a step down for the Bullets but theyā€™ve definitely found a useful replacement.Ā 

Was a while ago that though... let's see how well he returns to the sport... hopes it's a success

13 hours ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Think he gave up again after the failed comeback. Whilst i never liked him pre leg break it was sad to see him unable to move properly on the bike after.Ā 

Didn't think he rode anymore like... can I ask was there a reason you never liked him? Was it against him personally or was he just overrated? Genuinely dont know very much about him, what type of person/rider he was

Tickets on line nowĀ  one turnstile will by open.

Edited by Bandit59
Updated

AsĀ per Bandit59's post above, it's all happening on Saturday night!

Tickets for this Saturdayā€™s National League showdown are now Live right here -- just a tenner for everyone (and Ā£1 for under-16s!)
Ā 
Ā 
Former NDL championsĀ Mildenhall Fen Tigers are in town, and they trackĀ an exciting looking spearhead that will have our Bullets boys locked and loaded, ready to defend that 100% home record!
Ā 
The impressive Jordan Jenkins and our very own Luke Ruddick bring some Shielfield Park expertise to the the tapes on Saturday night,Ā backed up by Sam Bebee and young Sam Hagon.
Ā 
Purchasing your E-tickets is still our preferred option as a club as it really is fast and straightforward but as of Saturday night, one turnstile will be open for cash payments.
Ā 
In the event of a cancellation your E-tickets are fully refundable but any cash entries will only rollover to another event.
Ā 
We encourage you to also have the correct change if possible when purchasing your programmes on the night
Ā 
#BulletsVsFenTigers
#SummertimeSpeedway
Ā 

Ā 

Edited by crescent girl

Thanks to the guys at Mildenhall we at least have a preview for Saturday`s meeting.

From Mildenhall Speedway -
Fen Tigers head North in search of League points
This Saturday evening, the Mildenhall Fen Tigers, proudly sponsored by Manchetts Rescue and Recovery, head to Berwick in search of important League points following Sundayā€™s close home defeat to Kent.
For a second meeting running the Fen Tigers will be without No 1 Jason Edwards who is with Eastbourne on Championship duty and will also miss Captain Jordan Jenkins who after bravely riding over the weekend has suffered further issues with his wrist and has wisely decided to rest for 12 days and will look to return to the Fen Tigers colours on Sunday 1st August.
Edwards absence will be covered by Armadaleā€™s Danny Phillips whilst Jenkins will be covered by Rider Replacement.
Team Manager Malcolm Vasey said ā€“
ā€œLosing Jason for a second meeting is obviously disappointing, but with a heavily delayed start to the season due to covid, the best part of 20 rain offs already in the Championship, and a cut off date in that league of September 19th clubs are struggling to fulfil their fixtures and we are suffering for this just now.
I know Jason is desperate to ride for us and no blame is attached to him, Jordan rode with the heart of a lion over the weekend showing immense courage, but has to be sensible as we would not want him out for a long period of time and we fully support his decision.
Injuries are part and parcel of this wonderful sport and thatā€™s now two riders we are missing from our starting seven. We still await concrete news from Arran Butcher but his injury is taking longer to heal than we hoped and it may be a while yet before he is in contention for a team spot.
We know it will be no easy task at Berwick, but if we can make a faster start than we did on Sunday I feel confident we have a good chance of bringing some points back to West Rowā€
The club are currently working with the Berwick management to find a suitable date for the rained off home NDL fixture and hope to be able to advise supporters in the next week of a new date.
Teams ā€“
Berwick Bullets - 1 Kyle Bickley 8.57 (C), 2 Mason Watson 4.30, 3 Luke Crang 6.41, 4 Kieran Douglas 3.83, 5 Greg Blair 7.41, 6 Ryan MacDonald 3.00, 7 Ben Rathbone 3.83
Fen Tigers - 1.Danny Phillips 7.53, 2 R/R (Jordan Jenkins) 6.55, 3 Elliot Kelly 3.62, 4 Luke Ruddick 6.67, 5 Sam Bebee 4.25, 6 Sam Hagon 3.00, 7 Luke Muff 3.00
  • Like 2

Jenkins will be a big miss given his form when here with Redcar.

Edited by Bandit59
Spelling

Will be interesting to see the crowd on Saturday, with this being the first stand alone National League meeting.

Sadly Edwards and Jenkins missing spoils it a bit as a contest as i think a full strength Mildenhall side could have pushed the Bullets. I hope that those who said they would back NDL as a standalone do turn out and generate a good crowd. Will certainly be a decent indication if it sustainable or if double headers are here to stay.